• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Days...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks VM, I guess perception can be skewed by how much of a burden I have put on my wider family over an extended period but as others have said the children (aged 4 and 5) don't see it that way. Reading BP's first post reminded me that it's dangerous to get too self absorbed.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I'm sorry, and I know this speaks volumes about me but I just can't take your posts seriously. If you really are taking the piss with all this then you really are a sick puppy.
    To be honest I want the quiet life. I don't like the attention and it's too late on here. I almost always regret disclosure whether it's online or off.

The first time I came into contact with services was when an employer sent me to the doctors, I told a GP I'd lost my job at a secure site and I was being watched by security services. I'll never forget that the GP said "we need to get you back in touch with reality". I'm not sure internet forums are the healthiest places to be because they are not reality but when the alternative was going out every night and getting a reputation internet forums turned out to be a safer place. Perhaps you can relate to this but there's something in the way I present doesn't ring true based on your own personal experiences?

I've met maybe 100 people with severe mental illness ranging from schizophrenia to various personality disorders and they all present differently...that's why the GPs just refer on. One in five people with a diagnosis of bipolar take their own life and it's the illness (physical or mental) with the highest death rate among those under the age of 30.

My experience is similar to this video by Avicii, as you know he's is sadly no longer with us:

Last edited by mb31; 16 December 2019, 09:49.

Comment

I'm sorry, and I know this speaks volumes about me but I just can't take your posts seriously. If you really are taking the piss with all this then you really are a sick puppy.
      Then don't, stick him on ignore and stop making yourself look even more of a callous twunt than we all know you are.

Everyone is up in arms about social media being about freedoms of choice, but very few people take up the option of standing back from something they don't agree with.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Then don't, stick him on ignore and stop making yourself look even more of a callous twunt than we all know you are.

Everyone is up in arms about social media being about freedoms of choice, but very few people take up the option of standing back from something they don't agree with.
        You could always take some of your own advice.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You could always get some therapy.

Comment

You don't bother me, I know you're a hen pecked cuckold hubby who pretends to be an all action hero from yesteryear but like most ex-squaddies from the Options for Change days the only fighting you ever saw was with the missus
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You don't bother me, I know you're a hen pecked cuckold hubby who pretends to be an all action hero from yesteryear but like most ex-squaddies from the Options for Change days the only fighting you ever saw was with the missus
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And in the NAAFI, on Spuddy's 'Friday Soup' days.

Comment

And she never let me win!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If she every gives him the elbow, he can always shack up with Dim. They'd make a perfect couple.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
                      These are dark days. The Tories have got in again after ten years of brutal austerity. It's hopeless, there's nothing to look forward to anymore.

I can't hold down a permie job nevermind a contract. My children are struggling, my eldest daughter needs occupational therapy and my youngest has behavioural problems. I couldn't look after them properly for a long time so it's probably my fault. I'm not fit to be a parent. My children deserve better and my wife too.

I think joining the forum has helped me to see things clearly. It comes as no surprise that nobody likes me on here. Thanks for the advice on my contracting idea but I don't want to waste anymore of people's time because I'm beyond help.

I think I'd better end this before I cause further damage. The redundancy money should to keep the family going for a while and they will realise that it's better for them in the long run to manage without me.

Life can turn on a sixpence mate - it's all to easy for things to go into a downward spiral from a seemingly trivial incident.

All happened with me when I made an attempt to patch up my failing marriage by going on a big charm offensive to win my wife back round. Will never forget that day - I was sat at work all day planning it all out, you know push the boat out a bit and do something special that evening.

So I went down to Morrisons and got one of those Old El Paso taco kits. Refried beans, sour cream, guacamole - the works. Then I got a nice bit of steak mince to season up with the fajita spices I got with the taco shells.

Sorted.

Not only would I be turning my marriage around, I thought, I might even be getting my leg over for the first time in weeks.

How wrong could I have been... Bloody cow chose the moment I lit the candles to tell me she'd decided to go on the 5:2 diet and this was one of her fast days. It was a total lie and it was done out of pure spite (she'd already put away a box of Ferrero Rochers that afternoon 'cos I'd found all the wrappers along with the empty bottle of Sheridans that she thought I didn't know about) and I flew into a total rage and redecorated the kitchen with mincemeat and Louisana Hot Sauce.

Rancid old witch. That was 2 years ago and thanks to her I still get triggered whenever I go anywhere near the world food section of the local supermarket and can't get out of bed for days.

So, believe me, you're not on your own - many of us out there in a similar boat so keep your chin up.

Comment

Working...
                      X