• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Days...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
    Life can turn on a sixpence mate - it's all to easy for things to go into a downward spiral from a seemingly trivial incident.

All happened with me when I made an attempt to patch up my failing marriage by going on a big charm offensive to win my wife back round. Will never forget that day - I was sat at work all day planning it all out, you know push the boat out a bit and do something special that evening.

So I went down to Morrisons and got one of those Old El Paso taco kits. Refried beans, sour cream, guacamole - the works. Then I got a nice bit of steak mince to season up with the fajita spices I got with the taco shells.

Sorted.

Not only would I be turning my marriage around, I thought, I might even be getting my leg over for the first time in weeks.

How wrong could I have been... Bloody cow chose the moment I lit the candles to tell me she'd decided to go on the 5:2 diet and this was one of her fast days. It was a total lie and it was done out of pure spite (she'd already put away a box of Ferrero Rochers that afternoon 'cos I'd found all the wrappers along with the empty bottle of Sheridans that she thought I didn't know about) and I flew into a total rage and redecorated the kitchen with mincemeat and Louisana Hot Sauce.

Rancid old witch. That was 2 years ago and thanks to her I still get triggered whenever I go anywhere near the world food section of the local supermarket and can't get out of bed for days.

So, believe me, you're not on your own - many of us out there in a similar boat so keep your chin up.
    Lol - superb

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Life can turn on a sixpence mate - it's all to easy for things to go into a downward spiral from a seemingly trivial incident.

All happened with me when I made an attempt to patch up my failing marriage by going on a big charm offensive to win my wife back round. Will never forget that day - I was sat at work all day planning it all out, you know push the boat out a bit and do something special that evening.

So I went down to Morrisons and got one of those Old El Paso taco kits. Refried beans, sour cream, guacamole - the works. Then I got a nice bit of steak mince to season up with the fajita spices I got with the taco shells.

Sorted.

Not only would I be turning my marriage around, I thought, I might even be getting my leg over for the first time in weeks.

How wrong could I have been... Bloody cow chose the moment I lit the candles to tell me she'd decided to go on the 5:2 diet and this was one of her fast days. It was a total lie and it was done out of pure spite (she'd already put away a box of Ferrero Rochers that afternoon 'cos I'd found all the wrappers along with the empty bottle of Sheridans that she thought I didn't know about) and I flew into a total rage and redecorated the kitchen with mincemeat and Louisana Hot Sauce.

Rancid old witch. That was 2 years ago and thanks to her I still get triggered whenever I go anywhere near the world food section of the local supermarket and can't get out of bed for days.

So, believe me, you're not on your own - many of us out there in a similar boat so keep your chin up.
      FFS, this gets worse.

Are you grief whores really taken in by this crap?

The OP was bad enough to get you morons doing your best "International Rescue" impression, what now, are you all going to boycott the world foods sections of your local supermarkets?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        FFS, this gets worse.

The OP was bad enough to get you morons doing your best "International Rescue" impression, what now, are you all going to boycott the world foods sections of your local supermarkets?
        How far do people in Manchester have to go to find world foods? Anything other than pizza and chips seems a push judging from their skin colour. Or maybe its the diseases coming off the canals?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          FFS, this gets worse.

So, when exactly did you lose your sense of humour? Was it when you found the used condom, or when you realised that your wife liked it up the arse; just not with you?
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            So, when exactly did you lose your sense of humour? Was it when you found the used condom, or when you realised that your wife liked it up the arse; just not with you?
            I disagree with your post. Lost sense of humour? When did Zig have one?

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

He's never had a sense of humour. Big chip yes, humour no.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                He's never had a sense of humour. Big chip yes, humour no.
                I thought you had already eaten all the big chips?

Comment

Life can turn on a sixpence mate - it's all to easy for things to go into a downward spiral from a seemingly trivial incident..
                  Moral of the story, don't do taco folks.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Can be like school playground in here, but the amount of posters offering help to the OP. Truly gladdens the soul.

Ignore the cynics. Lots of good people out there.

And if that loon in No 10 doesn't deliver he won't last one year let alone five!

qh
                    Last edited by quackhandle; 16 December 2019, 13:43.
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I thought you had already eaten all the big chips?
                      Pies yes, chips no.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X