• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Days...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    If she every gives him the elbow, he can always shack up with Dim. They'd make a perfect couple.
    Hasn't Swindon suffered enough already?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      You don't bother me, I know you're a hen pecked cuckold hubby who pretends to be an all action hero from yesteryear but like most ex-squaddies from the Options for Change days the only fighting you ever saw was with the missus
      you know Ziggy well

He'll be telling you how tall he is next to try and intimidate you
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I'm sorry
        Clearly not, else you wouldn't have followed up with the rest of your twunt-ness

I know this speaks volumes about me
        Yep, it sure does. Why not assume that the OP is being open and asking for help rather than it all being about you?

but I just can't take your posts seriously.
        So just back out and don't engage. You do realise instead of being an utter twunt, you could just stop making it about you and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Mental health is an issue and everyone deals with it in different ways. For ever men have been too reluctant to open up, and it's attitudes like yours that caused this. Too many men (compared to women) commit suicide when a bit of support could have helped them. Why not think of this next time you decide to be a prick?

Or just be a prick as we all expect you to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
          I don't like the attention and it's too late on here. I almost always regret disclosure whether it's online or off.
          There is a simple solution. Don't mention your mental health issues unless it's relevant to the post, and it'll soon all be in the past, and you'll be just another weirdo like the rest of us.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          He'll be telling you how tall he is next to try and intimidate you
          He turned up to the Manchester meeting as promised, but no-one noticed because he's knee-high even to short-arse like admin. He tried to get a drink at the bar, but the barmen failed to see his little head poking over the counter (he was standing on a chair by this point), so he gave up and went home.

I saw all of this, after my 7th or 8th pint, so it's possible I imagined it.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            you'll be just another weirdo like the rest of us.
            Speaking of which, whatever happened to all the Daleks?
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dark days dark days
              What you gonna do
              When then come for you

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
                My children are struggling, my eldest daughter needs occupational therapy and my youngest has behavioural problems. I couldn't look after them properly for a long time so it's probably my fault. I'm not fit to be a parent. My children deserve better and my wife too.
                I can empathise with this more than many, as have been/am in is similar position. My eldest has issues with depression and anxiety and is currently receiving medication after a 2 year long battle with social services to actually get help. My youngest has ASD plus learning difficulties which make him prone to violent outburst and autistic meltdown. We managed to get him a place in a residential care home earlier this year (after several years of fighting with social services) and now see him for only 3 or 4 hours a week. He is much better off there and much happier as they have the skills, resources, training and staff to deal with him on a 2 to 1 24/7 care system. Although, it has been traumatic and devastating for the family as we all feel we have failed him, even though we know we could not prepare him for life as well as his carers can. That is a hard pill to swallow.

The only advice or help I can offer would be not to give up. It’s hard work getting support and you need to fight for it. It’s hard work holding down a job but you need to stick at it as others are reliant on it. The hardest work of all is keeping yourself together and not totally losing the plot. If you quit it is not only you that loses, it is everyone who is dependent on you, and that knowledge gives you the strength to take on the task. Chin up, put on the false front, and deal with each day as it comes. You can and will get through it. Plenty of time for depression and nervous breakdowns when the kids leave home. I have one planned for when my daughter flies the nest and I allow everything that’s buried in the back of my mind to come to the front.

I know how little support there is for dads. I also know that social services look to apportion blame before they accept there is a real problem and offer any help, and how difficult it is to deal with that. I have a pretty good understanding of all the crap that you're expected to deal with, and I know that when push comes to shove you find out that you're much stronger than you ever thought you could be. Don't give up.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Clearly not, else you wouldn't have followed up with the rest of your twunt-ness

Yep, it sure does. Why not assume that the OP is being open and asking for help rather than it all being about you?

So just back out and don't engage. You do realise instead of being an utter twunt, you could just stop making it about you and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Mental health is an issue and everyone deals with it in different ways. For ever men have been too reluctant to open up, and it's attitudes like yours that caused this. Too many men (compared to women) commit suicide when a bit of support could have helped them. Why not think of this next time you decide to be a prick?

Or just be a prick as we all expect you to be.
                  Hey, stop digging, you got sucked in and you're an idiot for letting that happen to you. Take comfort in the fact that you're not the only one. The grief whoring in this topic is sickening.

If you were that concerened about the OP you wouldn't have side tracked this "very important topic" to have a dig at me. You'd have taken the moral high ground and kept your mouth shut.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Hey, stop digging, you got sucked in and you're an idiot for letting that happen to you.
                    There are two possibilities here; 1) it was just trolling, 2) the OP is for real.

Let's assume first I was sucked in and it is only trolling. I don't care. I'm willing to take the risk that the OP is laughing at me. This doesn't impact me, doesn't cost me, doesn't hurt me. I'd rather take that risk, spend a few minutes talking to the OP and go with the honesty of the original post. If 2 is true then I'm sure the OP appreciated it.

So the situation is 1) I lost nothing, or 2) the OP gained something. I'm more than happy with my action thanks.

The grief whoring in this topic is sickening.
                    What a strange turn of phrase when your fellow humans are opening up about their mental health issues. Maybe you yourself should go and seek some help because my friend this is not a healthy way to react to others.

If you find it sickening why not stop reading and posting? Or are your sociopath tendencies too strong and you feel you need to attack others at all times.

If you were that concerened about the OP you wouldn't have side tracked this "very important topic" to have a dig at me. You'd have taken the moral high ground and kept your mouth shut.
                    You side tracked the thread, I was merely showing you as the dick you are. Up until now we thought you were just annoying, but no, you're an even bigger prick than first thought.

Apart from you this has been a very positive thread, which is quite something for CUK. Do you not like it when people are positive and can help each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
                      Plenty of time for depression and nervous breakdowns when the kids leave home. I have one planned for when my daughter flies the nest and I allow everything that’s buried in the back of my mind to come to the front.
                      That made me laugh si666

If you figure out how to bottle it up for a rainy day then do let me know. I once joked that I want to be manic at the weekend but mildly depressed during the week to blend in with the permies in the nuclear industry.

I got a social services referral once and I was horrified so I kept them at arms length. Luckily they didn't do a full assessment of the parenting environment because my wife's housekeeping is atrocious and I don't have time to clear up after her. They thought my depression might be putting my kids at risk, which was no joke.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time but we'll done for getting the support you and your family need. I appreciate your supportive words.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      There is a simple solution. Don't mention your mental health issues unless it's relevant to the post, and it'll soon all be in the past, and you'll be just another weirdo like the rest of us.
                      Good point, I'll make a subtle change to my signature instead so that those who are into patterns and codes and stuff can figure it out (which includes those in the club). It's a bit like manic's avatar but without the death threat.

As for pages 7-8 of this thread and all of Zigenare's posts

Comment

Working...
                      X