• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Days...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to all the Daleks?
    I miss the Daleks.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

SS are a necessary evil, unfortunately. You have to really battle with them to get anything done. A letter to you MP highlighting any lack of progress is helpful. They won’t like it but will act if they’re told to. You need to be a pain in everyone’s arse, they’ll eventually do something just to get you off their back.

Am lucky insofar as my wife has been a rock. Couldn’t have done it on my own, for sure.

Bottling it up ain’t easy, but you get used to it over time.

Sounds like you’ve a real battle on your hands. If you’re in the south west ping me a pm and I’ll dig out some info on helpful people.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I miss the Daleks.
        Exactly. Life was much easier when you got spot a sockie as a sockie.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Hey, stop digging, you got sucked in and you're an idiot for letting that happen to you. Take comfort in the fact that you're not the only one. The grief whoring in this topic is sickening.

If you were that concerened about the OP you wouldn't have side tracked this "very important topic" to have a dig at me. You'd have taken the moral high ground and kept your mouth shut.

I had to check for a second where I was, thought I was on Dadsnet.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I had to check for a second where I was, thought I was on Dadsnet.
            I thought you'd been banned from there!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              I thought you'd been banned from there!
              No he is a moderator....

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
                That made me laugh si666

If you figure out how to bottle it up for a rainy day then do let me know. I once joked that I want to be manic at the weekend but mildly depressed during the week to blend in with the permies in the nuclear industry.

I got a social services referral once and I was horrified so I kept them at arms length. Luckily they didn't do a full assessment of the parenting environment because my wife's housekeeping is atrocious and I don't have time to clear up after her. They thought my depression might be putting my kids at risk, which was no joke.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time but we'll done for getting the support you and your family need. I appreciate your supportive words.

Good point, I'll make a subtle change to my signature instead so that those who are into patterns and codes and stuff can figure it out (which includes those in the club). It's a bit like manic's avatar but without the death threat.

As for pages 7-8 of this thread and all of Zigenare's posts
                Definitely wouldn't recommend being me.

Glad to hear all ok mb31. As you get older I've found it becomes easier to recognise when things start to get overwhelming. My kids are all on anxiety tablets and initially I struggled to relate to it but slowly I'm beginning to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
                  My kids are all on anxiety tablets and initially I struggled to relate to it but slowly I'm beginning to understand.
                  Something is going wrong in the modern world. Depression and anxiety are reaching epidemic proportions. There are new mental conditions like ADHD and OCD. Alergies seem to be rampant.

I don't remember it being like this when I was growing up in the 70s.

Human beings haven't changed in 2 generations, so it must be the way we live.
                  Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 17 December 2019, 08:49.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    Something is going wrong in the modern world. Depression and anxiety are reaching epidemic proportions. There are new mental conditions like ADHD and OCD. Alergies seem to be rampant.

Or maybe there is more diagnosis.

Comment

Dark Days...

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Alternatively, in the ‘70s we were told to just man up and hide it.

Mental conditions have always been there, they just weren’t being diagnosed or not even brought to medical attention. Dry your tears, get on with it, s/he’s just “a bit weird”.

The thing that’s changed is acceptance that depression and anxiety are real illnesses, that need support and treatment. If support had been more prevalent in the 70’s and 80’s then perhaps my brother and two of my good friends would still be alive today.

Comment

Working...
                      X