• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who should be the next Labour leader?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Or dump Scotland.
    That'd do it. Forever.

Looks like the contest is kicking off on Jan 7th. I'm shocked.

Kevin Schofield on Twitter: "Jennie Formby confirms the Labour leadership election will officially kick off on January 7th, with a replacement for Jeremy Corbyn n place by the end of March.… https://t.co/y94T9j6VUT"

Comment

I thought it was keir not Keith?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Diane Abbott?

Anyway, the NEC will see all these entryists and set the cut-off date to, say, 12 December.

Thereby clearing the way for the Long-Bailey/Rayner dream team*.

*tulipshow
        Rebecca Wrong-Daily? Tulipshow indeed...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Labour are out for the long-term now, I reckon. They'll probably need to cycle through at least one more leader after an extended period of navel-gazing.
          This, probably. Like during the 80s and 90s under Kinnock.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I don't know I've heard of any of the current candidates.

Historically no party has bounced back from such a trouncing in the next election but on the other hand the Tories won this largely on the back of constituencies which had in some cases never voted other than Labour, or hadn't in living memory.
            I think based on the unusual nature of this election then we can assume a large degree of bounce-back to Labour in traditional seats regardless who is leader, unless the Tories do something amazing in such areas and undo generational hatred so complacency is dangerous.

If the country goes to **** post-Brexit as many have predicted, traditional Labour areas are likely to bear the worst of it - ironically those who were most strongly pro-Brexit. In which case the Tories could be booted out through no fault of their own, even, as being seen to blame for shrinking economy, etc.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

has anyone proposed Russel Brand yet? He's been pretty quiet since it was discovered that he's not remotely funny and has no talent for acting. Am sure he'd be equally as good as anyone else on the suggested list.
              Last edited by Si666; 16 December 2019, 17:19.

Comment

I voted for Abbott and Lammy ? Post-election survey: Labour's election campaign and future leadership - LabourList
                "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I don't know I've heard of any of the current candidates.
                  Really? Jesus H Christ

You don't, er, follow politics much then? Or you're kidding and I fell for it

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    You don't, er, follow politics much then? Or you're kidding and I fell for it
                    Most of the country is getting sick of politics.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Most of the country is getting sick of politics.
                      Absolutely, but those names are fairly household.

Jess "I can't afford a printer on £80k a year so claim MP's expenses to drive to my mum's and use hers" Phillips.

Rebecca "You have no figures" Wrong Daily.

Angela Rayner, who recently suggested that Corbyn watches the Queen's Speech in the morning on Christmas Day, on catch-up, before it's been transmitted.

Emily Thornberry who scathingly tweeted an image of a terraced house in her constituency, white van outside, St.George flying atop.

They're a shower. I'm hoping for the Long-Bailey / Rayner combo that's now hotly tipped.

Comment

Working...
                      X