• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who should be the next Labour leader?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Absolutely, but those names are fairly household.

Jess "I can't afford a printer on £80k a year so claim MP's expenses to drive to my mum's and use hers" Phillips.

Rebecca "You have no figures" Wrong Daily.

Angela Rayner, who recently suggested that Corbyn watches the Queen's Speech in the morning on Christmas Day, on catch-up, before it's been transmitted.

Emily Thornberry who scathingly tweeted an image of a terraced house in her constituency, white van outside, St.George flying atop.

They're a shower. I'm hoping for the Long-Bailey / Rayner combo that's now hotly tipped.
    Check out Long-Bailey's record of expenses... Compare them with those of her predecessor. Something does not ring true.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Absolutely, but those names are fairly household.

Jess "I can't afford a printer on £80k a year so claim MP's expenses to drive to my mum's and use hers" Phillips.

Rebecca "You have no figures" Wrong Daily.

Angela Rayner, who recently suggested that Corbyn watches the Queen's Speech in the morning on Christmas Day, on catch-up, before it's been transmitted.

Emily Thornberry who scathingly tweeted an image of a terraced house in her constituency, white van outside, St.George flying atop.

They're a shower. I'm hoping for the Long-Bailey / Rayner combo that's now hotly tipped.
      Any of them would be more palatable to the electorate than Corbyn.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Corbyn was the Labour equivalent of William Hague - unelectable but had some conviction that they were right and that everyone else was wrong.

Long-Bailey (if she becomes leader) will be Labour's equivalent of IDS - unelectable and forgettable.

There's been talk of RLB/Raynor as a ticket, and also RLB/Burgon as well to keep the momentum of Corbynism going, which is why they aren't getting any blame for the disaster. See this tweet from Tom Watson:

Originally posted by Tom Watson
        John is one of the most enigmatic characters I ever worked with. We rowed but I admired his intellect and work ethic, which made him the stand out figure in his faction. The defeat is not ‘on him’ though. It is shared with the shadow cabinet and NEC, who supported the manifesto.
        For those who don't speak Labour, it translates as "John knows exactly what he's doing here, taking the blame so that those who followed the ideology can escape scrutiny and take over in a few weeks. Stop this happening if you can".
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Really? Jesus H Christ

You don't, er, follow politics much then? Or you're kidding and I fell for it
          I don't follow minor-league MPs who aren't in government, no. I've heard of Thornberry and I recognise Phillips from BBC Parliament - always seems to be talking - but that's it.

For that matter I could probably only name a handful of Tory MPs and I reckon about a dozen MPs in total. The noisy few get all the attention.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

80% female. no gender balance in Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              80% female. no gender balance in Labour.
              You could have 99% female and only 1 bloke, but Labour will still vote for the bloke. Can't see the unions wanting a woman as their leader. For a so-called equal ops party it's the only one that's never had a female leader.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I vote Whorty.
                he's the best.
                go Whorty go.

VOTE WHORTY!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X