• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greta has done a Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I've decided to make a snap decision that anyone who has anything negative to say about her is just a bit of a <modsnip>.
    Sweeping generalisation! A major first for CUK.

Of course, she is perfect. Never sinned.....

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Fear.
      Surprise and ruthless efficiency?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        I adore this argument - it's like a demonstration in failed analysis. Let's pick on one point:

I've never seen so many cars outside schools

And how many young children are in a position to request, nay, demand - that their parents have two cars and drop them off at school? Do you not think that, just maybe, when considering what children have and don't have, you should look to the parents?

Sorry to pick on you LM, but this line of thinking boggles my mind.
        Pick all you want. You're wrong, certainly in my experience
        Kids at primary school want to walk with their mates once they're in Y5. It makes them feel older and cooler. Unless they're lazy.

Again, it could be parents insisting (paranoia induced by the tabloids) but surely if it's the parents being lazy and the school's in a different direction, it's easier to wave them off and take the extra time?

Peer pressure - must have, must have, must have. Latest gadgets, trainers, whatever. Weak parents? But how weak - do you want to see your kids picked on because they've got the wrong logo on their school bag? How many of the 30/40-somethings here had a Head bag in the 80s/90s for example? Would you be seen dead in HiTec trainers? Adidas 4-stripes?

I'm sure it does boggle the mind if you still live in a VW camper
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Pick all you want. You're wrong, certainly in my experience
          Kids at primary school want to walk with their mates once they're in Y5. It makes them feel older and cooler. Unless they're lazy.

Again, it could be parents insisting (paranoia induced by the tabloids) but surely if it's the parents being lazy and the school's in a different direction, it's easier to wave them off and take the extra time?

Peer pressure - must have, must have, must have. Latest gadgets, trainers, whatever. Weak parents? But how weak - do you want to see your kids picked on because they've got the wrong logo on their school bag? How many of the 30/40-somethings here had a Head bag in the 80s/90s for example? Would you be seen dead in HiTec trainers? Adidas 4-stripes?

I'm sure it does boggle the mind if you still live in a VW camper
          What’s a head bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Greta doesn't bother me - she's just a kid. But the PR machine and the way that the politicians and environmentalists try to use her for their own ends is pretty sickening. I also blame her parents - I know she's autistic to an extent, but to be so emotionally concerned about these things - what appears to be extreme existential angst - is taught. It's either exploitation or egregious stupidity. Possibly both.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If I want to read the ill informed and under-educated opinions of a child like simpleton with possible mental health issues, I will wait until sasguru comes back.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                If I want to read the ill informed and under-educated opinions of a child like simpleton with possible mental health issues, I will wait until sasguru comes back.

HTH BIDI
                or talk to some of your six toed, banjo playing neighbours in Swindon

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Greta doesn't bother me - she's just a kid. But the PR machine and the way that the politicians and environmentalists try to use her for their own ends is pretty sickening. I also blame her parents - I know she's autistic to an extent, but to be so emotionally concerned about these things - what appears to be extreme existential angst - is taught. It's either exploitation or egregious stupidity. Possibly both.
                  At least she is spending her time on science rather than religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    At least she is spending her time on science rather than religion.
                    To her climate change is a religion. Meanwhile millions die from preventable diseases, poor sanitation and poverty. And yet she is terrified on some meaningless "global average" temperature rise which is less than the change that occurs in 1 minute on any average day.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      To her climate change is a religion.
                      No, it isn't. She is asking that people listen to and heed the scientific consensus (as opposed to listening to ill-informed opinions like yours).

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X