Greta has done a Corbyn Greta has done a Corbyn - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    106,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I've decided to make a snap decision that anyone who has anything negative to say about her is just a bit of a <modsnip>.
    Sweeping generalisation! A major first for CUK.

    Of course, she is perfect. Never sinned.....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

  2. #22

    Super poster

    DoctorStrangelove is always on top

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Fear.
    Surprise and ruthless efficiency?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  3. #23

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    I adore this argument - it's like a demonstration in failed analysis. Let's pick on one point:

    I've never seen so many cars outside schools

    And how many young children are in a position to request, nay, demand - that their parents have two cars and drop them off at school? Do you not think that, just maybe, when considering what children have and don't have, you should look to the parents?

    Sorry to pick on you LM, but this line of thinking boggles my mind.
    Pick all you want. You're wrong, certainly in my experience
    Kids at primary school want to walk with their mates once they're in Y5. It makes them feel older and cooler. Unless they're lazy.

    Again, it could be parents insisting (paranoia induced by the tabloids) but surely if it's the parents being lazy and the school's in a different direction, it's easier to wave them off and take the extra time?

    Peer pressure - must have, must have, must have. Latest gadgets, trainers, whatever. Weak parents? But how weak - do you want to see your kids picked on because they've got the wrong logo on their school bag? How many of the 30/40-somethings here had a Head bag in the 80s/90s for example? Would you be seen dead in HiTec trainers? Adidas 4-stripes?

    I'm sure it does boggle the mind if you still live in a VW camper
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #24

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GhostofTarbera is NOT a disguised employee

    GhostofTarbera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Pick all you want. You're wrong, certainly in my experience
    Kids at primary school want to walk with their mates once they're in Y5. It makes them feel older and cooler. Unless they're lazy.

    Again, it could be parents insisting (paranoia induced by the tabloids) but surely if it's the parents being lazy and the school's in a different direction, it's easier to wave them off and take the extra time?

    Peer pressure - must have, must have, must have. Latest gadgets, trainers, whatever. Weak parents? But how weak - do you want to see your kids picked on because they've got the wrong logo on their school bag? How many of the 30/40-somethings here had a Head bag in the 80s/90s for example? Would you be seen dead in HiTec trainers? Adidas 4-stripes?

    I'm sure it does boggle the mind if you still live in a VW camper
    What’s a head bag?


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  5. #25

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,767

    Default

    Greta doesn't bother me - she's just a kid. But the PR machine and the way that the politicians and environmentalists try to use her for their own ends is pretty sickening. I also blame her parents - I know she's autistic to an extent, but to be so emotionally concerned about these things - what appears to be extreme existential angst - is taught. It's either exploitation or egregious stupidity. Possibly both.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  6. #26

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,856

    Default

    If I want to read the ill informed and under-educated opinions of a child like simpleton with possible mental health issues, I will wait until sasguru comes back.

    HTH BIDI

  7. #27

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    9,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If I want to read the ill informed and under-educated opinions of a child like simpleton with possible mental health issues, I will wait until sasguru comes back.

    HTH BIDI
    or talk to some of your six toed, banjo playing neighbours in Swindon
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  8. #28

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Greta doesn't bother me - she's just a kid. But the PR machine and the way that the politicians and environmentalists try to use her for their own ends is pretty sickening. I also blame her parents - I know she's autistic to an extent, but to be so emotionally concerned about these things - what appears to be extreme existential angst - is taught. It's either exploitation or egregious stupidity. Possibly both.
    At least she is spending her time on science rather than religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #29

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    At least she is spending her time on science rather than religion.
    To her climate change is a religion. Meanwhile millions die from preventable diseases, poor sanitation and poverty. And yet she is terrified on some meaningless "global average" temperature rise which is less than the change that occurs in 1 minute on any average day.

  10. #30

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    To her climate change is a religion.
    No, it isn't. She is asking that people listen to and heed the scientific consensus (as opposed to listening to ill-informed opinions like yours).

    HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •