More anti motorist government (Welsh Assembly) rhetoric More anti motorist government (Welsh Assembly) rhetoric - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 34

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    Brunstrom, long since moved on.

Richard Brunstrom - Wikipedia

The WA decided to implement a 50mph limit on the A483 after they found high levels of Nox next to new housing estate built right by the dual carriageway. This also coincided with the opening of a costa drive through, and also planning for another new estate the other side.
    On the A483 and A494. A couple of months ago they put up average speed cameras. Between the money spent on those, and the Welsh speaking campaign, they could have afforded some NHS dentists and a wait of less than 8 hours in A&E. The Welsh government has an odd priorioty list.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Godlike

DoctorStrangelove is always on top

The WA really love average speed cameras.

The A465 Heads of the Valleys (boyo, there's tidy then) is plastered with the fecking things.

Spend more time looking at the speedometer than the road.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Its odd how drivers can fiddle with the radio, argue with the kids and insult the other drivers on the road. But can never spend time to look at the speedo every few seconds.

Though personally I can drive at constant speed for miles without looking at the speedo. As long at that speed is 120......
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

The A465 Heads of the Valleys (boyo, there's tidy then) is plastered with the fecking things.

Does your car not have cruise control? Whenever I reach an average speed limit stretch, I get up to speed and then flick that on and relax.

Well. Relax until I come up to some idiot doing 49 mph and then I'm faced with slowing up or taking three weeks to overtake like the lorries do on the A34

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Does your car not have cruise control? Whenever I reach an average speed limit stretch, I get up to speed and then flick that on and relax.

Well. Relax until I come up to some idiot doing 49 mph and then I'm faced with slowing up or taking three weeks to overtake like the lorries do on the A34
    Part of the issue is that trucks have real speedometers rather than the fake ones in cars?

Banned

JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Go past Haverfordwest though and it's dismal, even to the ferry ports. But the problem with my home county is 50-odd years of zero investment despite the vast fortunes paid into the economy by the five major refineries. The local council has a lot to answer for.
    I guess if you are heading for the ferry, there are a few places which could be improved. But if like me you enjoy driving quietly down the country roads, it's a lovely place to be. I always pay a visit to the grave of my great grand parents in Pope Hill cemetery.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    On the A483 and A494. A couple of months ago they put up average speed cameras. Between the money spent on those, and the Welsh speaking campaign, they could have afforded some NHS dentists and a wait of less than 8 hours in A&E. The Welsh government has an odd priorioty list.
    employing more dentists is a drain on public funds, but the revenue from average speed cameras clearly isn't.

Banned

yes, and if we are talking about "safety" cameras, what about the dangerous absence of cat's eyes on the A465? They found the money for "safety" cameras but not to improve the "safety" of the roads. But then average speed cameras generate income and cat's eyes don't.

Banned

they generally don't kick in until you are doing 50 mph. Which makes them ineffective at that speed or lower.

Banned

In France there was a law that unless an overtaking manoeuvre could be undertaken within a certain distance then an offence would be committed. I always wondered how they could police such a rule.