• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No friends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've reached that age where even Norra Batty is starting to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I've reached that age where even Norra Batty is starting to look good.
      Wait until you think NLyUK looks good....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Meh. Friends are overrated
        This.

If I ever win the lottery I will do a Howard Hughes. Except for posting enough drivel on CUK to **** everyone off.

I am starting to think LM might be autistic. Hates people. Socks must be in pairs. Can't sort out her car.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          This.

If I ever win the lottery I will do a Howard Hughes. Except for posting enough drivel on CUK to **** everyone off.

I am starting to think LM might be autistic. Hates people. Socks must be in pairs. Can't sort out her car.....
          congratulations on having achieved your lifetime ambitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            I have no friends either.
            Nor should you. I suggest you try courting DimPrawn.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

He's only 52? Gordon Bennet!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Meh. Friends are overrated
                Except when you need a roughly body-shaped shield under live fire, then they're underrated.

Comment

There is that apex in your life where you are so busy with the needs of your wife, your kids and your job/career that just simply eclipses everything else. You don't have time to hang out with mates as if you were 20 anymore.

Then when it's behind you (I'm not there yet) you find you have nothing in common with all of your old friends, who have been going through exactly the same.

Its just our lot, the sacrifice we make. I saw my Father face it but he didn't really mind and I don't think I do either - my family are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    This.

My car's fixed, I'll have you know

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Except when you need a roughly body-shaped shield under live fire, then they're underrated.
                      Any body will do, tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X