• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism 'prevalent' in the armed forces, ombudsman warns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism 'prevalent' in the armed forces, ombudsman warns

This surprises me.

Cases of bullying, harassment and discrimination account for 25% of all the complaints the ombudsman receives, and Ms Williams says a "disproportionate" number of those come from ethnic minorities
    Racism 'prevalent' in the armed forces, ombudsman warns - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    This surprises me.

Most things surprise you.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's a shame because the Army, at least, has an admirable equal opportunities record in recruiting cretins into spud bashing functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It's a shame because the Army, at least, has an admirable equal opportunities record in recruiting cretins into spud bashing functions.
        Is that how you served then? It would certainly fit in with your "talents".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Is that how you served then? It would certainly fit in with your "talents".

You are slow! QED.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            It doen't surprise me, a few bad eggs and all that. Specifically the ones who can claim Racism and take the MoD to court. Where there's brass there's usually a couple of our ethnic brethren trying to get their grasping hands on it.

I hasten to add that my views are my own.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"People called me Apu from The Simpsons"
              This wallflower doesn't quite seem battle ready. If he is captured by the enemy he's going to have to face a lot more than puerile hurty-words.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                This wallflower doesn't quite seem battle ready. If he is captured by the enemy he's going to have to face a lot more than puerile hurty-words.
                His brief will get him a few quid though.

Last edited by Zigenare; 20 December 2019, 14:56.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  "People called me Apu from The Simpsons"
                  "Thank you, come again!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    It doen't surprise me, a few bad eggs and all that. Specifically the ones who can claim Racism and take the MoD to court. Where there's brass there's usually a couple of our ethnic brethren trying to get their grasping hands on it.

I hasten to add that my views are my own.
                    not just your view, by all accounts. Seems your views and those of your fellow servicemen (ex or otherwise) are similar.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X