• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I expense an uber to the police station

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I expense an uber to the police station

Got a call earlier, automated voice said I am under investigation by HMRC due to unpaid tax, and that I must press 1 to speak with an operator, otherwise a warrant will be issued for my arrest.

I'm just wondering if I can expense my journey to the police station to hand myself in.

Worst case, I get arrested walking out of clientco to the maserati I paid with my ill gotten gains, but the silver lining is I can use my one phone call to ask my accountant.

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    Got a call earlier, automated voice said I am under investigation by HMRC due to unpaid tax, and that I must press 1 to speak with an operator, otherwise a warrant will be issued for my arrest.

I'm just wondering if I can expense my journey to the police station to hand myself in.

Worst case, I get arrested walking out of clientco to the maserati I paid with my ill gotten gains, but the silver lining is I can use my one phone call to ask my accountant.
    Best idea is to press 1 and speak to an operator. Trust me, your mobile network provider will thank you !!
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I was too busy when I got the call and missed the chance to have some fun with the available options

Comment

I got an SMS from HMRC telling me to get my tax refund I should click the URL in the message.
        What should I do?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

They must be monitoring this forum as they have asked me to get you to post your credit card details on here so they can sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            I got an SMS from HMRC telling me to get my tax refund I should click the URL in the message.
            What should I do?
            Send it to FIERCE TANK BATTLE. It could use it to pay off plod when they come to arrest him.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Press 1. Then blow the whistle you keep by the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                What should I do?

Comment

Working...
                X