• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anne Sacoolas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Whatever the circumstances this was always an accident without murderous intent. No good will come of the family pressing for what is clearly revenge.
    Would you say that if it was your child?

Comment

Whatever the circumstances this was always an accident without murderous intent. No good will come of the family pressing for what is clearly revenge.
      An accident without murderous intent resulting in death is called manslaughter.

What you appear to be advocating for is the abolition of manslaughter as an offence.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

What you appear to be advocating for is the abolition of manslaughter as an offence.
        It's funny how these alt right types stop bothering about law and order when it suits them.

Comment

She should have put her hands up at the time and she'd probably have got a suspended sentence. Accidents happen - we all know that. However that stage has left town. She should be extradited and charged and all things being equal serve some hard time for running away.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Accidents *do not* happen. This death was caused by her lack of awareness.

It's obvious to anyone that driving on the wrong side of the road towards the brow of a hill is likely to kill someone...how many times had she driven on the wrong side of the road before?

Yes. she made a mistake, and it was probably unwittingly done (unless she was drunk) - and a prison term etc is unlikely to make her a better driver etc - so a suspended sentence is OK. Or much better - revoke her driving licence for life.

Comment

Originally posted by jatinder View Post
              Accidents *do not* happen.

Yes. she made a mistake, and it was probably unwittingly done.
              Isn't that the definition of an accident?
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Utter BS. She killed someone and legged it.

Comment

But her carelessness killed their son. Are you saying that they should just let it go? Surely not. Is that what you would do?
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

It would actually be "causing death by dangerous driving" which carries a maximum of 14 years.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                      But her carelessness killed their son. Are you saying that they should just let it go? Surely not. Is that what you would do?
                      I think I wouldn't care. It would make no difference to me what became of her. That's not going to make any difference to my life. It honestly mystifies me why the parents care so much. (Fully accept that I may be the abnormal person, in this context.)

Comment

Working...
                      X