• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas dinner plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas dinner plans

I just got 2kg of organic 3 week dry-aged T-bone joint (Added bonus - got 25% price reduction at the till, courtesy of a today-only offer). I'll roast it, with potatoes and the usual trimmings. Christmas pud for afters, generously soaked in brandy (and I'll put some in the Christmas pud as well).

Family event, but we've invited our (adopted) weirdo "uncle". Seven adults in total. One 2-year old.

What plans do you have for your dinner?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I just got 2kg of organic 3 week dry-aged T-bone joint (Added bonus - got 25% price reduction at the till, courtesy of a today-only offer). I'll roast it, with potatoes and the usual trimmings. Christmas pud for afters, generously soaked in brandy (and I'll put some in the Christmas pud as well).

Family event, but we've invited our (adopted) weirdo "uncle". Seven adults in total. One 2-year old.

I'll be having my family round. Doing traditional. Maybe boring but we like it! Soup, prawn cocktail, turkey & all trimmings, cheesecake or trifle, cheese board then coffee :-)
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Comment

Elating out. Just us. No family this year as we have just moved house and the place is still in chaos. Off to a local place for Lunch, a few drinks then stagger back home and get gently sozzled in front of the telly while stuffing our faces on chocolates.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mushroom and chestnut wellington, roasties port gravy etc. Nobody likes Christmas pud so still thinking about that.

Comment

Beans on toast.

Bah fecking humbug.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

You're welcome to join us, if you can get to Switzerland.

We'll give you beans on toast.

Comment

I used my £10 DWP Christmas bonus to buy an Aldi stuffed turkey joint with a streaky bacon lattice on it.

We normally have goose or duck so turkey is actually a bit of a novelty for me. Hopefully the bacon lattice will keep it moist. I've got the goose fat for the roasties.

We go for chocolate bombs as opposed to Christmas pudding. It's a similar look but more palletable for the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Nobody likes Christmas pud so still thinking about that.
                  That'll be not enough soaking in brandy.

Comment

HWMBO was thinking about doing Guinea Fowl but we also like having lots of cold cuts for sandwiches etc so may go for a bigger bird. Usual trimmings etc.

He spotted some tomato juice with clam juice in it when we were in Partridge's today so we're going to have a battle of the bloody Mary's at some point - his recipe vs mine. He says I make a very good one so we'll see how his compares.

Picked up lots of mince pies as I'd eaten all the ones I got from Waitrose. Now on Sainsbury's all butter brandy ones and they are much nicer.

Comment

Working...
                    X