• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas dinner plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8Kg turkey ordered from the local family butcher.

I'll be doing all the cooking, as I do every year while the wife moans about not holidaying in the Carribean.

Why do women always compare their life to the local millionaire?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Steamed toffee pudding with ginger sauce can work well. Possibly it's the other way round.
      Yum. I think I'll make one of those. Or the other.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Mythical Christmas Dinner

My whole career in project management confirmed the basic truth in Fred Brooks' Mythical Man-Month - projects most often fail due to a shortage of real time.

We could easily go live on Christmas Day but in order to look professionally competent, and to justify our very existence, we had a meeting and agreed to put back Christmas Dinner to Boxing Day.

Because of the imminent collapse of the UK Economy (due to Brexit), we will swerve on the Pink Bollinger and make do with Sparkling Pinot Grigio and Cremant.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          8Kg turkey ordered from the local family butcher.

I'll be doing all the cooking, as I do every year while the wife moans about not holidaying in the Carribean.

They don't.

Comment

They don't.
            when married to the local millionaire.

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            We could easily go live on Christmas Day but in order to look professionally competent, and to justify our very existence, we had a meeting and agreed to put back Christmas Dinner to Boxing Day.
            We're doing this. But for not professionally competency, but so my son and his family can join us.

For Christmas Day, we'll be having bánh cuốn for lunch (dinner)

and home-made pizza for dinner (tea).

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              We're doing this. But for not professionally competency, but so my son and his family can join us.
              Actually I was trying to sound as though any project manager had any management power, any ability to influence events. As with you, my actual rationale is like yours but nevertheless at the very core of project management: "My project is totally on time but we will have to delay due to an unavoidable dependency on another project that unfortunately cannot meet our deadlines"
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

The long lead items in our house are the popular toys that sell out. Father Christmas is on the critical path. The food tends to be just in time thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

Because he is better in bed?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No. Just not dried fruit fans.

eating fruit cake would be cannibalism for you?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Because he is better in bed?
                      That's true.

Comment

Working...
                      X