• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asking for it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Can't believe people are blaming the CPS saying she shouldn't have been charged because the BF wanted to drop it.

OK fair enough, the poor girl obviously had issues and it is really sad whats happened.

BUT theres a reason why they don't drop charges because the partner wants to. Gaslighting. Imagine if it was the other way around.....
    Oh so you know them both personally then?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      FFS.

Any truth in the rumour that it was Philip Schofield who killed her to take the press away from the super-injunction?
      I heard it was Gordon the Gopher doing the dirty work

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Can't believe people are blaming the CPS saying she shouldn't have been charged because the BF wanted to drop it.

OK fair enough, the poor girl obviously had issues and it is really sad whats happened.

BUT theres a reason why they don't drop charges because the partner wants to. Gaslighting. Imagine if it was the other way around.....
        The CPS were damned whatever they did.

But all domestic violence must be severley dealt with. Oh wait, the victim was a man so that fine. Carry on.

Comment

There is one of these tag your mates things going on on my FB at the moment and it's got me proper wound up.

Starts off saying ladies fix your crowns and goes on with some guff about not letting people tear us down. Post a picture of happy times, link 50 lady friends and tag one person to carry on. They the attach a picture of them having a good time.

There is so much wrong with this I have no idea where to start. F*****ing fuming.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The CPS were damned whatever they did.

But all domestic violence must be severley dealt with. Oh wait, the victim was a man so that fine. Carry on.
            All spousal abuse is wrong regardless of the sex of the perpetrator. What is wrong in this case is the way that popular media treated her when it came to light, they vilified her yet it if had been a man then I doubt very much that there would have been as many stories attacking him. It's quite interesting to see that those popular media outlets now praising her, or at least not attacking her anymore, have removed those earlier stories from their websites.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              All spousal abuse is wrong
              Political correctness gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                All spousal abuse is wrong regardless of the sex of the perpetrator. What is wrong in this case is the way that popular media treated her when it came to light, they vilified her yet it if had been a man then I doubt very much that there would have been as many stories attacking him. It's quite interesting to see that those popular media outlets now praising her, or at least not attacking her anymore, have removed those earlier stories from their websites.
                As ever, you haven't a ******* clue, have you?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  As ever, you haven't a ******* clue, have you?
                  More than you it seems though...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There's also one that says "getting angry at internet comments is like choosing to tread in dog poop rather than walk around it...".

Rise above it and maybe remove the 'u ok hun?!' crowd from your friends list.
                    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    There is one of these tag your mates things going on on my FB at the moment and it's got me proper wound up.

Starts off saying ladies fix your crowns and goes on with some guff about not letting people tear us down. Post a picture of happy times, link 50 lady friends and tag one person to carry on. They the attach a picture of them having a good time.

There is so much wrong with this I have no idea where to start. F*****ing fuming.
                    Sent from my SM-G960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      There's also one that says "getting angry at internet comments is like choosing to tread in dog poop rather than walk around it...".

Rise above it and maybe remove the 'u ok hun?!' crowd from your friends list.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                      Totally. Although a bit different when it's touched you. It also doesn't mean that person isn't a friend so no need to get rid, just got this one badly wrong.

But yeah, ignoring rathering trying to win the Internet is probably the better approach.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X