• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asking for it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Political correctness gone mad.
    +1

Where is Prince Philip when we need a pithy quote about the Boer War?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Totally. Although a bit different when it's touched you. It also doesn't mean that person isn't a friend so no need to get rid, just got this one badly wrong.

But yeah, ignoring rathering trying to win the Internet is probably the better approach.
      Any of my FB friends posts nonsense they get de-friended. Either of them. And I have to pay both to be my FB friends....

Comment

I know. The level of bilge on this one is grim and yes I guess if it's an issue close to your heart it's harder to ignore. I will give you that one!
        Totally. Although a bit different when it's touched you. It also doesn't mean that person isn't a friend so no need to get rid, just got this one badly wrong.

But yeah, ignoring rathering trying to win the Internet is probably the better approach.
        Sent from my SM-G960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Any of my FB friends posts nonsense they get de-friended. Either of them. And I have to pay both to be my FB friends....
          FB is dead - Instagram is where it's at. Every time I log onto FB these days it's just full of people getting upset at what's in the news. Insta is very rose tinted I'll agree but I'll take that over incessant complaining any day.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yeah, about that, your last cheque bounced!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

+1

Where is Prince Philip when we need a pithy quote about the Boer War?
              Will I do?

Comment

The CPS were damned whatever they did.

But all domestic violence must be severley dealt with. Oh wait, the victim was a man so that fine. Carry on.
                It could be different in England&Wales, but in Scotland the prosecution service progress cases based upon the merit of the case and level of evidence. The wishes of the victim or perpetrator aren't taken into account due to bias, be it psychological or monetary.

The CPS were correct to progress this case. The person inflicting abuse upon another was clearly in the wrong and is likely to have had other issues. The fact this person was a woman, a tv presenter and very active on social media has nothing to do with the facts of the cases or merits for binning it. It's common for rape victims to try retract a case due to fear, 'love' (not the type of love I a familiar with, certainly) and a whole host of psychological trauma that may make it seem easier to ignore than to face head on - understandably.

I appreciate you were not suggesting either option as best but I thought it a good idea to highlight that the police charge people based on a crime being committed and not based on the wishes of the victim/recipient.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                  It could be different in England&Wales, but in Scotland the prosecution service progress cases based upon the merit of the case and level of evidence. The wishes of the victim or perpetrator aren't taken into account due to bias, be it psychological or monetary.

The CPS were correct to progress this case. The person inflicting abuse upon another was clearly in the wrong and is likely to have had other issues. The fact this person was a woman, a tv presenter and very active on social media has nothing to do with the facts of the cases or merits for binning it. It's common for rape victims to try retract a case due to fear, 'love' (not the type of love I a familiar with, certainly) and a whole host of psychological trauma that may make it seem easier to ignore than to face head on - understandably.

I appreciate you were not suggesting either option as best but I thought it a good idea to highlight that the police charge people based on a crime being committed and not based on the wishes of the victim/recipient.
                  To which the only question I would ask is how often does this occur outside the glare of the media...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                    The CPS were correct to progress this case. The fact this person was a woman has nothing to do with the facts of the cases or merits for binning it.
                    It has everything to do with it.

#HeToo #EverydaySexism

Comment

There is one of these tag your mates things going on on my FB at the moment and it's got me proper wound up.

Starts off saying ladies fix your crowns and goes on with some guff about not letting people tear us down. Post a picture of happy times, link 50 lady friends and tag one person to carry on. They the attach a picture of them having a good time.

There is so much wrong with this I have no idea where to start. F*****ing fuming.
                      I've seen that too, some women on my FB just circlejerk with a constant stream of stuff like that, telling themselves (and the world) what they deserve and how strong they are etc.

Maybe if I post that agents won't tear me down and I deserve 700/day enough times it'll magically happen

Comment

Working...
                      X