How to disagree How to disagree
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to disagree

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Default How to disagree

How to disagree well: Two close friends who have reason to hate each other - BBC News

How to disagree better - eight tips

You don't have to agree - disagreeing itself isn't the problem, it's how we do it

Don't aim for the middle ground - splitting the difference isn't the answer when you fundamentally disagree

How you talk is more important than what you talk about - "What matters is the dynamic that exists between us," says couples counsellor Esther Perel

Speak truthfully - to form meaningful relationships what's needed is total honesty

Listen intently and aim for empathy - it's all about "a willingness to take in what the other person says," says Esther Perel

Dial down the rhetoric and rein in the insults - "No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement," says Harvard professor Arthur Brooks

Understand the difference between fact and opinion - opinions are perspectives to be tested against the evidence, not just weapons to be wielded against our opponents

Go looking for conflict - Then "listen compassionately, give your point of view and express love," says Arthur Brooks

--------------------------------

8 things that will never happen on CUK.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How to disagree well: Two close friends who have reason to hate each other - BBC News

You don't have to agree - disagreeing itself isn't the problem, it's how we do it

Don't aim for the middle ground - splitting the difference isn't the answer when you fundamentally disagree

How you talk is more important than what you talk about - "What matters is the dynamic that exists between us," says couples counsellor Esther Perel

Speak truthfully - to form meaningful relationships what's needed is total honesty

Listen intently and aim for empathy - it's all about "a willingness to take in what the other person says," says Esther Perel

Dial down the rhetoric and rein in the insults - "No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement," says Harvard professor Arthur Brooks

Understand the difference between fact and opinion - opinions are perspectives to be tested against the evidence, not just weapons to be wielded against our opponents

Go looking for conflict - Then "listen compassionately, give your point of view and express love," says Arthur Brooks

I disagree...
    Blog? What blog...?

Contractor Among Contractors

GJABS - scorchio!

Complete Horsetulip! 🌷
    Last edited by GJABS; 24th December 2019 at 08:53.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Your opinions are tulip! Really tulip!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

Much better to just shoot any bar steward who disagrees with you, puts an end to the arguments once and for all. In many ways, cavemen were much more sensible.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Banned

mb31 is a permanent contractor

Listen intently and aim for empathy - it's all about "a willingness to take in what the other person says,"

Actually, that's what seems to be going on behind the scenes by PM. My worst enemies on the public forum are attentive lovers on the quiet.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by mb31 View Post
    Actually, that's what seems to be going on behind the scenes by PM. My worst enemies on the public forum are attentive lovers on the quiet.
    If it is NLUK you had better keep quiet. PC will get jealous....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Much better to just shoot any bar steward who disagrees with you, puts an end to the arguments once and for all. In many ways, cavemen were much more sensible.
    If I shot bar stewards, I'd have to give up drinking
    Last edited by ladymuck; 24th December 2019 at 12:24.