• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tjhe autism defence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tjhe autism defence

'Fake' licence charges against Guy Martin dropped - BBC News

The prosecution told Tuesday's hearing psychiatrists had concluded he did not always apply common sense and has a tendency to take what people say at face value.

Could we see more of this?

The best justice money can buy.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I can't see him as someone who would deliberately deceive. Obviously, it's hard to know if the person you see on TV is the same as the person IRL but I like to think he's a genuine WYSIWYG chap.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        'Fake' licence charges against Guy Martin dropped - BBC News

The prosecution told Tuesday's hearing psychiatrists had concluded he did not always apply common sense and has a tendency to take what people say at face value.

Could we see more of this?
        cukPostBanWorkflow.vsd

Last edit 2 minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I can't see him as someone who would deliberately deceive. Obviously, it's hard to know if the person you see on TV is the same as the person IRL but I like to think he's a genuine WYSIWYG chap.
          he is.
          i've met him at several bike events.

Comment

A Northern Irish truck driver killed more people in 1 morning this year than the PIRA did in the last 30 years.

Regulation is important and it should not be undermined by the judicial system handing out "he is too thick to understand" passes.
            Last edited by minestrone; 27 December 2019, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              A Northern Irish truck driver killed more people in 1 morning this year than the PIRA did in the last 30 years.

Regulation is important and it should not be undermined by the judicial system handing out "he is too thick to understand" passes.
              What public interest would there be in pursuing this case against Guy, assuming we take the facts at face value?

Note also that there is an intent element with the offence. Sounds like the prosecution accepted that they couldn't prove that. and
              Last edited by vwdan; 27 December 2019, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                What public interest would there be in pursuing this case against Guy, assuming we take the facts at face value?

Note also that there is an intent element with the offence. Sounds like the prosecution accepted that they couldn't prove that. and
                There is an increased level of regulation on HGV because it is a 3.5 tonne object.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  There is an increased level of regulation on HGV because it is a 3.5 tonne object.
                  That isn't an answer to the question I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    That isn't an answer to the question I asked.
                    If your question is..

"What public interest would there be in pursuing this case against Guy"

… I want to know that people driving 3.5 lorries next to my family car are vetted.

Comment

Working...
                    X