• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday suggestions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday suggestions...

HWMBO and I will be in Singapore the first two weeks of June thanks to a stonking flight deal with Qatar Airways out of Oslo. Of course it would be a waste to spend the whole two weeks there so I'm looking for ideas for short breaks etc to other countries considering it's such a great hub. I love a city break so would be looking for places that I could spend up to 72 hours in with minimal hassle to get to.

There's so much potentially available that it's all a bit overwhelming to try and short list. So, I thought who better to advise than my learned fellow forumites?

Ive done a similar 3 day city break to Saigon when holidaying in Thailand. Hanoi is probably nicer. Or Da Nang for Hoi An.

Comment

How about the luxury train, from Singapore to Bangkok.

Signature Journey: Bangkok to Singapore | Luxury Train Travel Southeast Asia

Mega expensive though, at around $3000 per person.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Ooh, I'd forgotten about that! One for a future to-do list me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Lost more walking to the toilets in a lap dancing club

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Malaysian Borneo (Sabah, I think I went to) to see the orangutans.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Malaysian Borneo (Sabah, I think I went to) to see the orangutans.
              Borneo is amazing; lots to see there and if you are a scuba diver then Mabul/Sipadan is one of the top places on Earth to go to. But by no stretch of the imagination can you call it a city break!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Ive done a similar 3 day city break to Saigon when holidaying in Thailand. Hanoi is probably nicer. Or Da Nang for Hoi An.
                I would definitely go for Vietnam (plenty of flights from Singapore) but it'll be the wet season - subject to global warming - and most likely very hot. We'll hopefully be doing that trip next year, most likely around March/April/May.
                This guide to the two main cities might be useful: Hanoi vs Ho Chi Minh City: Which City To Visit In Vietnam?

Have fun!!
                PS - how much for the flights LM? I assume you're talking business class (or better) if you're having to go from Oslo.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  PS - how much for the flights LM? I assume you're talking business class (or better) if you're having to go from Oslo.
                  Flights are with Qatar in business. Cost £2.5k return for two people. Yes, the key to the deal was not departing from the UK
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 30 December 2019, 16:48.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Flights are with Qatar in business. Cost £2.5k return for two people. Yes, the key to the deal was not departing from the UK
                    Found the same deal and my contract ends beginning of June. It would be over £5,000 from the UK. Nice find!

Comment

Working...
                    X