2020 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2020

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Could NAT do the hindsight joke please?
    What that next year we'll see the future with 2020 vision?
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What that next year we'll see the future with 2020 vision?

Post of the year!
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A new Golden age. Like Victorian times. How awesome they were. The vast majority of people living in total squalor.

How great for sasguru to gloat at the suffering.
    Actually the Victorian period was a time of income distribution, rising prosperity and medical advances that lifted the standard of living for all but because it was starting from a low point modern people of low education can't comprehend that it gave birth to the modern era.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Actually the Victorian period was a time of income distribution, rising prosperity and medical advances that lifted the standard of living for all but because it was starting from a low point modern people of low education can't comprehend that it gave birth to the modern era.
    But not a great aspiration from nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    But not a great aspiration from nowadays.
    Not sure you have quite understood.

If the decade of the 20's is about income distribution, rising prosperity and medical advances it will be a good thing.

You see back in the victorian era lots of people lived in squaller, there was a larger wealth division and very few people had access to medical care - at the end of the era all these things had changed for the better - it is just that at that point we were starting from a very poor level.

Now we are at this level and so if all these things happen it will be a good thing - no one is saying society will go back to where it was and so at the end of the 20's we will be back to how things were in the post victorian era - but you do understand that right?

So lets see if I can give you an analogy - lets say you had to climb a 200 foot slope - you start at zero and if you say climb a 100 feet you are then 100 feet higher than when you started - if you then take a rest for a while and then decide to start again - you are not starting from 0 feet but 100 feet - does that clarify things?

Just asking like.