• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids 2020 savings challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids 2020 savings challenge

See if any of your kids will accept the following challenge. If they do it every week until the end of the year, promise to pay them £100.

Starting with 1p in week 1, the goal is to double the total amount they've saved each week.

2p by the end of week 2
    4p by the end of week 3
    8p by the end of week 4
    16p by the end of week 5
    etc.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

If your kids can save 2^51 pence, they’ll be richer than sasguru. Hell, if they can save 53 pence, they’ll be richer than sasguru.

Comment

My kids would fail after week 1.

Comment

Bearing in mind that more than I give them for spends I think they are gonna fail.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Save it from what?

If you're handing them pocket money then where exactly is the incentive? If they have a job, then fair enough.

Sadly, crappy rules these days means kids have a hard time getting little jobs, despite the fact it teaches good skills. I remember my nephew wasn't allowed a four hour Saturday job in H&M because the manager said his school head teacher had to approve it or some nonsense.

Comment

Be more savvy and use a Cashback site designed specifically for saving into Kids accounts and ISAs.

KidStart Shopping Ideas helps families turn everyday shopping into savings for children:
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              See if any of your kids will accept the following challenge. If they do it every week until the end of the year, promise to pay them £100.

Starting with 1p in week 1, the goal is to double the total amount they've saved each week.

2p by the end of week 2
              4p by the end of week 3
              8p by the end of week 4
              16p by the end of week 5
              etc.

£45,035,996,273,704.96 at the end of the year
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Would have been achievable if Corbyn had been elected PM.

Mind you if Corbyn was in power you would need £45,035,996,273,704.96 on 1st January 2021 to purchase a sweet that costs 2p sweet today..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Nope.

Comment

I made it £22,517,998,136,852.50

Comment

Working...
                    X