• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else glad Christmas is over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else glad Christmas is over?

Not so much in a 'bah Humbug' way but more of a back to the routine kind of way? And the invoicing of course.

I think the present buying and wrapping then watching people unwrap them bit is what I won't miss and am glad is over. Maybe I'll talk to my therapist about it this week...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Not so much in a 'bah Humbug' way but more of a back to the routine kind of way? And the invoicing of course.

I think the present buying and wrapping then watching people unwrap them bit is what I won't miss and am glad is over. Maybe I'll talk to my therapist about it this week...
    Yes I think so. Christmas is more about the build up really I think. Once it gets to the day itself it's basically over. I took my tree down yesterday.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

It's not my favourite time of year, I have to say. I do like buying presents but I'd rather do that at random rather than when some societal 'norm' decrees. I have worked some of the period, which has made for a nice break from the tedium.

Comment

Bastard Permie Co pays me to spend the whole Christmas and New Year period to stay at home and eat and drink excessively every day

I think they are trying to kill me....

Comment

Ate too much, drank too much, didn't ban anyone. Yup, glad it's over.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Can I let the kids out of the cellar then?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Can I let the kids out of the cellar then?

Is that a euphemism for taking Ducolax?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Bastard Permie Co pays me to spend the whole Christmas and New Year period to stay at home and eat and drink excessively every day

I think they are trying to kill me....
                  You're not convincing anyone. You're basically a permie loser
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You're not convincing anyone. You're basically a permie loser
                    And how was your Christmas?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X