• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boycott Cyprus?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott Cyprus?

Ayia Napa: Mother of convicted Briton backs Cyprus boycott - BBC News

Will you boycott Cyprus? Or chance for a cheap holiday?

It seems several of the accused had links to hagh ranking Israelis. I am sure that did not affect the judges verdict...

Not only am I boycotting Cyprus, I'm also going to holiday in Israel.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why would anyone let their teenage daughter go to Aya Napa on a "working holiday"?

Shagadelic

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Why would anyone let their teenage daughter go to Aya Napa on a "working holiday"?

Shagadelic

Prick.

Unfortunately I think this girl has called wolf and the whole MeToo band have got behind her. She accused 12 men of rape, which it was quite obvious was not 12, and looked like a gangbang which she was upset about. Not ideal.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This girl was raped by 4 men and videoed by the others. These are evidential facts.

Her crime is that she was not a virgin and she is being punished for it, I expect the Cypriot authorities to hand her the full 1 year sentence for this and her temerity to complain about her treatment.

I hope this does hurt Cyprus.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Prick.

Unfortunately I think this girl has called wolf and the whole MeToo band have got behind her. She accused 12 men of rape, which it was quite obvious was not 12, and looked like a gangbang which she was upset about. Not ideal.
            Only one was consensual. Her only crime was to be raped by the other men of influential connections.

Proff that #MeToo has a long way to go.

A great pity the UK government will do almost nothing. About time the UK grew a spine.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Prick.

Nice one MF. Intelligent retort, eloquent reply.

Comment

Conviction looks very dodgy from that BBC link - hours of questioning and a retraction statement given when no lawyer or translator was present, the judge refusing to hear any evidence about whether the alleged rape took place, the authenticity of the retraction or properly consider the video.

There are many worse/more dangerous countries for holidaying but that isn't a good justice system.

Of course rape is a difficult thing in many cases, just one person's word against another's, or several other's as in this case. You can't just assume the rapists are guilty but equally you can't just assume the allegation is false when there's lack of proof.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 2 January 2020, 12:50.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Nice one MF. Intelligent retort, eloquent reply.

I thought he summed it up quite well at a level you would understand.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                    I thought he summed it up quite well at a level you would understand.
                    Indeed, hence my comment. We are not all as smart as you think you are.

Comment

Working...
                    X