• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boycott Cyprus?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    I thought he summed it up quite well at a level you would understand.
    Summed it up? By lying? Do you also believe everything Donald Trump says?

Comment

And maybe this is the real reason? Israel, Greece and Cyprus set to seal €6bn gas pipeline deal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Summed it up? By lying? Do you also believe everything Donald Trump says?
        And Boris.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hmmm well dodgy it seems.....

However, to add some balance I'm sure I've told this story before. No-one ever thinks about the guy wrongly accused.... (Now this story is NOT me before you ask).

A friend of a friend met some young girl one night. She was 17. Took her to hotel - did the deed. Next day the police are around - shes claiming rape. Looks like she got home, her parents went nuts, so this is what she told them.

Went on for about a year. Fella lost his job, fell into depression, nearly topped himself. Of course, everyone now knew him as the rapist.

Thing is they had no evidence. The hotel staff had seen her walking into the hotel with him no issues. In the end, the police just dropped it one day - she'd retracted her statement.

What happened to the girl - nothing. This fella took years to get over his life being screwed up by this.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

My Daughter and her mates were in Aya Napa on a post A Level "Holiday" when this happened.

They were only there for a week and basically after a couple of days they realised what a mistake they had made going there.

Basically they felt unsafe pretty much all the time while in the town.

She phoned me on the 3rd day asking me to sort flights to get them home, which I would have done if there were any flights available.

They eventually spent the final 4 days of the Holiday in the hotel they were staying in.

It was a good learning experience for her and her mates but there is something fundamentally wrong there. The locals are rinsing the youngsters that go there, protections are minimal, the assumptions being that anyone there is fair game.

My feeling is that the girl involved is telling the truth, but she probably went along to some degree at the outset.

Horrible horrible place, and our government should be getting the girl home.

Comment

The place is riddled with Russian mafia.

Ayia Napa '''Gangland execution''' leaves four dead in Cyprus holiday resort popular with Brits

Don't let your adult children near the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriss1964 View Post

Horrible horrible place, and our government should be getting the girl home.

Wasn't always the case. Circa 1988, I was in the RAF and we went out to Cyprus for some air gunnery practice. I was 21 and the first time on Nissi beach was the closest I've ever come to heaven. Back then it was popular with the Scandinavians and no British apart from us. Every one was blonde and beautiful, and no it wasn't boring. It was good until the Ibiza crowd arrived in the mid nineties.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

So when the British were there, no Russians, it was fine then went downhill when the Russians arrived?

Remind me again when CUK went downhill....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So when the British were there, no Russians, it was fine then went downhill when the Russians arrived?

Remind me again when CUK went downhill....
                    When we had a sudden influx of women who wanted to be treated like one of the boys - slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      When we had a sudden influx of women who wanted to be treated like one of the boys - slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us...
                      No doubt, by minds immeasurably superior to ours, I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
                      X