Boycott Cyprus? Boycott Cyprus?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Boycott Cyprus?

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Default Boycott Cyprus?

Ayia Napa: Mother of convicted Briton backs Cyprus boycott - BBC News

Will you boycott Cyprus? Or chance for a cheap holiday?

It seems several of the accused had links to hagh ranking Israelis. I am sure that did not affect the judges verdict...
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Not only am I boycotting Cyprus, I'm also going to holiday in Israel.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Super poster

Scruff - scorchio!

Why would anyone let their teenage daughter go to Aya Napa on a "working holiday"?

Shagadelic

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    Why would anyone let their teenage daughter go to Aya Napa on a "working holiday"?

Shagadelic

Prick.

Unfortunately I think this girl has called wolf and the whole MeToo band have got behind her. She accused 12 men of rape, which it was quite obvious was not 12, and looked like a gangbang which she was upset about. Not ideal.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

This girl was raped by 4 men and videoed by the others. These are evidential facts.

Her crime is that she was not a virgin and she is being punished for it, I expect the Cypriot authorities to hand her the full 1 year sentence for this and her temerity to complain about her treatment.

I hope this does hurt Cyprus.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make myself look wise and well read."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Prick.

Unfortunately I think this girl has called wolf and the whole MeToo band have got behind her. She accused 12 men of rape, which it was quite obvious was not 12, and looked like a gangbang which she was upset about. Not ideal.
    Only one was consensual. Her only crime was to be raped by the other men of influential connections.

Proff that #MeToo has a long way to go.

A great pity the UK government will do almost nothing. About time the UK grew a spine.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Super poster

Scruff - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Prick.

Nice one MF. Intelligent retort, eloquent reply.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

Conviction looks very dodgy from that BBC link - hours of questioning and a retraction statement given when no lawyer or translator was present, the judge refusing to hear any evidence about whether the alleged rape took place, the authenticity of the retraction or properly consider the video.

There are many worse/more dangerous countries for holidaying but that isn't a good justice system.

Of course rape is a difficult thing in many cases, just one person's word against another's, or several other's as in this case. You can't just assume the rapists are guilty but equally you can't just assume the allegation is false when there's lack of proof.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2nd January 2020 at 12:50.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Fingers like lightning

BlueSharp is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    Nice one MF. Intelligent retort, eloquent reply.

I thought he summed it up quite well at a level you would understand.

Super poster

Scruff - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    I thought he summed it up quite well at a level you would understand.
    Indeed, hence my comment. We are not all as smart as you think you are.