• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently my offspring are insisting on watching Trolls. Threats of disinheritance are failing.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tell them if they don't behave you will send WTFH round to sing to them.

Comment

Turned out to be quite subversive and enjoyable - in a toe-curling way.

Comment

Doc Who

I am quite enjoying the new Doctor, like others here I don't like the Beebs very thinly disguised attempts at pushing their PC message - reminds me a little of the original star trek which always tried to deal with the great social issues of the time.

That said it is fun enough to watch and the kid in me likes it still.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Masterful.
            It went to rattulip when a woman got the role.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

No, it went downhill when Jenna Coleman overstayed her welcome, combined with poor scripts that even a great actor such as Capaldi couldn't do much with, and reached it's nadir with the representation of a dim student snowflake assistant with no redeeming features. Since Whittaker has assumed the role, it's definitely improved. Her character is definitely the Doctor, as opposed to Missy who never really was the Master (too needy).

I understand that wokeness is a trigger for you. For me it's just a mild irritant that I can largely ignore. It too will pass.

Comment

No, it went downhill when Jenna Coleman overstayed her welcome, combined with poor scripts that even a great actor such as Capaldi couldn't do much with, and reached it's nadir with the representation of a dim student snowflake assistant with no redeeming features. Since Whittaker has assumed the role, it's definitely improved. Her character is definitely the Doctor, as opposed to Missy who never really was the Master (too needy).

I understand that wokeness is a trigger for you. For me it's just a mild irritant that I can largely ignore. It too will pass.
                Not a trigger at all, pandering to the snowflakes is destroying a lot of what used to be excellent viewing.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It's pissing off the Daleks too, which is A Bad Move.

Watched the Kylie Xmas ep last year & was surprised at how poorly it had aged.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Golden age of Dr Who for me was the period from Ecclestone up to and including Matt Smith.

Capaldi might have been good, but the poor stories let him down initially (I gather they got better but I'd stopped watching by then).

As for the latest incarnation... Sorry, but for me the Dr has to be male. And why not? Not everything on the planet has to be gender neutral surely?
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Turned out to be quite subversive and enjoyable - in a toe-curling way.

Are you talking about The Trolls or my singing?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X