• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worzel Gummidge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worzel Gummidge

Forgetting Dr Who, did anyone see Worzel Gummidge over Xmas with Stephen Merchant and Michael Palin.

I thought it was brilliantly PC, ecologically sound and a great new reboot, albeit Aunt Sally was a bit crap. Plus these league of gentlemen guys get everywhere.

Can't wait for a few more to be made.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Forgetting Dr Who, did anyone see Worzel Gummidge over Xmas with Stephen Merchant and Michael Palin.

I thought it was brilliantly PC, ecologically sound and a great new reboot, albeit Aunt Sally was a bit crap. Plus these league of gentlemen guys get everywhere.

Not forgetting Whorty's cameo appearance as Soggy Boggart and OG's Aunt Sally. His magnum opus.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

More re-hashing of 1970's kids telly. 'PC and ecologically sound'? Don't make me
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        More re-hashing of 1970's kids telly. 'PC and ecologically sound'? Don't make me
        I also believe that kicking the crutch away from a poor disabled gypsy child is now 30 years in prison as opposed to the guffaw you gave 20 years ago when she fell through that glass table.

Comment

I also believe that kicking the crutch away from a poor disabled gypsy child is now 30 years in prison as opposed to the guffaw you gave 20 years ago when she fell through that glass table.
          You were the one who laughed your tits off. Although the gingham dress might have had a bit to do with that...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Careful MF. Mordac is triggered by kid's TV. Probably traumatised by the Telly Tubbies.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Careful MF. Mordac is triggered by kid's TV. Probably traumatised by the Telly Tubbies.
              25 years ago during the last bits of filming of Telly Tubbies we went to the set on a production day.

Believe me the rabbits used could traumatise anyone. They needed to use Flemish Giant rabbits to ensure scale was maintained and you haven't seen anything until you've seen 10 of them in close proximity to each other
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                25 years ago during the last bits of filming of Telly Tubbies we went to the set on a production day.

Believe me the rabbits used could traumatise anyone. They needed to use Flemish Giant rabbits to ensure scale was maintained and you haven't seen anything until you've seen 10 of them in close proximity to each other
                NLyUK would be happy! She likes a giant rabbit.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  25 years? Thanks for the reminder...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Not a Telly Tubby, it was a long time ago and he doesn't like to talk about it, but needless to say it was a drunken night on Hampstead Heath when a man dressed as a womble took advantage. He never uses a bin anymore either.

Comment

Working...
                    X