• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Benefits of an Independent School Education...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Benefits of an Independent School Education...

Originally posted by metro.co.uk
    Diane Abbott spoke about her son during a TV interview when she was running for the Labour leadership in 2010. Explaining her decisions about his education, she said: ‘I knew what could happen if my son went to the wrong school and got in with the wrong crowd. ‘They are subjected to peer pressure and when that happens it’s very hard for a mother to save her son. Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back.

Read more: the full article
    Are the City of London School Alumni classed as gang members?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

No mention by the Mail or many other media outlets that the most recent offences took place when he was a patient in a psychiatric intensive care unit. Why let facts get in the way of a story.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      No mention by the Mail or many other media outlets that the most recent offences took place when he was a patient in a psychiatric intensive care unit. Why let facts get in the way of a story.
      Nor any indication that any of this was in any way gang related.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thugs from independent schools are quite common.

Independent school thugs conspire to beat up a journalist

People even vote for them at a general election.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Nor any indication that any of this was in any way gang related.
          So his mother, hypocrite that she is sends her precious bundle of joy to an independent school to keep him away from bad influences because "Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back." and yet even after all that privilege the boy in question assaults a Police Officer. Looks like it's not just gangs that turn these boys bad.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            So his mother, hypocrite that she is sends her precious bundle of joy to an independent school to keep him away from bad influences because "Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back." and yet even after all that privilege the boy in question assaults a Police Officer. Looks like it's not just gangs that turn these boys bad.
            I know you're a bit slow, but what part of mental illness are you failing to get?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I know you're a bit slow, but what part of mental illness are you failing to get?
              I get the part that it's possibly being used as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                I get the part that it's possibly being used as an excuse.
                So he was in a psychiatric care unit for a laugh?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  So he was in a psychiatric care unit for a laugh?
                  Was he?

Comment

"Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back."

So if gangs are just a 'black' problem then surely stopping and searching based on skin colour is fine then?

If a white person said that it would be racist.

Comment

Working...
                    X