What are you doing differently in 2020? What are you doing differently in 2020? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 31

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

This yeah, I am planning to relax and to exceed sasguru's annual income by only three orders of magnitude.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    This yeah, I am planning to relax and to exceed sasguru's annual income by only three orders of magnitude.
    What are you going to do for 11 months then?

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    What are you going to do for 11 months then?
    Wind up scootie.

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Wind up scootie.
    a nice simple,easy year then
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Wind up scootie.
    That’s my job

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Anyone got any inneresting plans or goals for this year?
    We're hoping to sell up and downsize. That way I have the option of instant retirement. Staying on the South Coast but moving towards Hayling Island to be closer to the water.

That means lots of projects to get the house into shape,. Clear the workshop and cellar, refurb the pool, repoint the patio etc. I did a bricklaying course last year so doing all the work myself.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Should post faster

FIERCE TANK BATTLE has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    That means lots of projects to get the house into shape,. Clear the workshop and cellar, refurb the pool, repoint the patio etc. I did a bricklaying course last year so doing all the work myself.

How much does it cost to learn bricklaying? Did you finish the course feeling totally confident you could knock out a solid wall?

I tried to get some tradespeople earlier in the year and it was an absolute nightmare to find anyone, and when I finally found one I got charged an insane amount for something I could have done myself with a pair of ladders and a quick scope of youtube, so I want to learn to be able to do more stuff myself...

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Dream on.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Super poster

vwdan - scorchio!

Get Plan B back to a tickover, so I can stop spending every non-work moment on it. Hope that I can continue to, one way or another, make the same money and lifestyle in IT this year.

But, beyond that and in all seriousness, I'm aiming for a quieter year and more me and family time - more fitness, more trips away, more down time basically. Had a crazy busy 2019 between work and personal projects.

That and fix my migraines so I can get my pilots license back.

Super poster

vwdan - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    We're hoping to sell up and downsize. That way I have the option of instant retirement. Staying on the South Coast but moving towards Hayling Island to be closer to the water.

Not gonna lie, I've just about given up on the bricklaying stage of my extension project. Quite enjoyed doing the footings (in engineering brick), but I switched to the block work and instantly started hating it. Think I'm gonna get a builder to bring her up to roof height and then take it from there. Not exactly a fun time of year for it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    How much does it cost to learn bricklaying? Did you finish the course feeling totally confident you could knock out a solid wall?

I tried to get some tradespeople earlier in the year and it was an absolute nightmare to find anyone, and when I finally found one I got charged an insane amount for something I could have done myself with a pair of ladders and a quick scope of youtube, so I want to learn to be able to do more stuff myself...
    I got this far off the back of a 4 day, £400 course:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

There's better out there, but also far worse once you start paying attention! Building Inspector seemed quite impressed and all of the concrete people kept saying "Yeah, but why isn't your builder here"
    Last edited by vwdan; 8th January 2020 at 15:01.