• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing differently in 2020?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This yeah, I am planning to relax and to exceed sasguru's annual income by only three orders of magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      This yeah, I am planning to relax and to exceed sasguru's annual income by only three orders of magnitude.
      What are you going to do for 11 months then?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What are you going to do for 11 months then?
        Wind up scootie.

Comment

Wind up scootie.
          a nice simple,easy year then

Comment

Wind up scootie.
            That’s my job

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Anyone got any inneresting plans or goals for this year?
              We're hoping to sell up and downsize. That way I have the option of instant retirement. Staying on the South Coast but moving towards Hayling Island to be closer to the water.

That means lots of projects to get the house into shape,. Clear the workshop and cellar, refurb the pool, repoint the patio etc. I did a bricklaying course last year so doing all the work myself.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                That means lots of projects to get the house into shape,. Clear the workshop and cellar, refurb the pool, repoint the patio etc. I did a bricklaying course last year so doing all the work myself.

How much does it cost to learn bricklaying? Did you finish the course feeling totally confident you could knock out a solid wall?

I tried to get some tradespeople earlier in the year and it was an absolute nightmare to find anyone, and when I finally found one I got charged an insane amount for something I could have done myself with a pair of ladders and a quick scope of youtube, so I want to learn to be able to do more stuff myself...

Comment

Dream on.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Get Plan B back to a tickover, so I can stop spending every non-work moment on it. Hope that I can continue to, one way or another, make the same money and lifestyle in IT this year.

But, beyond that and in all seriousness, I'm aiming for a quieter year and more me and family time - more fitness, more trips away, more down time basically. Had a crazy busy 2019 between work and personal projects.

That and fix my migraines so I can get my pilots license back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      We're hoping to sell up and downsize. That way I have the option of instant retirement. Staying on the South Coast but moving towards Hayling Island to be closer to the water.

Not gonna lie, I've just about given up on the bricklaying stage of my extension project. Quite enjoyed doing the footings (in engineering brick), but I switched to the block work and instantly started hating it. Think I'm gonna get a builder to bring her up to roof height and then take it from there. Not exactly a fun time of year for it, anyway.

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                      How much does it cost to learn bricklaying? Did you finish the course feeling totally confident you could knock out a solid wall?

I tried to get some tradespeople earlier in the year and it was an absolute nightmare to find anyone, and when I finally found one I got charged an insane amount for something I could have done myself with a pair of ladders and a quick scope of youtube, so I want to learn to be able to do more stuff myself...
                      I got this far off the back of a 4 day, £400 course:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

There's better out there, but also far worse once you start paying attention! Building Inspector seemed quite impressed and all of the concrete people kept saying "Yeah, but why isn't your builder here"
                      Last edited by vwdan; 8 January 2020, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
                      X