• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ethical veganism is a belief protected by law, tribunal rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No he hasn't. Part one is whether his defence is tenable. If ethical veganism was found to not be a protected belief, then he would have lost there and then. Now that it has been so found, the the tribunal moves to part 2 - whether he was sacked for his beliefs or not.
    Are you the only one on this thread who actually read the article? Everyone else seems to be arguing about what they guess the article must have said.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
      Are you the only one on this thread who actually read the article? Everyone else seems to be arguing about what they guess the article must have said.
      I'm sure many read it. Understanding it however.

I still think it's a bad decision
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        Thought I summarised it quite well to be fair:

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        He disclosed private company information but has been let off because he eats plants. Wow.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Nope, he hasn't been let off because he eats plants.

The first case was "is ethical veganisim a philosophical belief"
          Which he won.

The next case is "was he fired for his belief or for disclosing private company information"?
          That case hasn't come to court yet, so he most certainly has NOT been "let off because he eats plants"
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Nope, he hasn't been let off because he eats plants.

The first case was "is ethical veganisim a philosophical belief"
            Which he won.

The next case is "was he fired for his belief or for disclosing private company information"?
            That case hasn't come to court yet, so he most certainly has NOT been "let off because he eats plants"
            My foresight will bear fruit. Vegan-friendly fruit.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

He disclosed private company information but has been let off because he eats plants. Wow.
              Read carefully. He has not been let off. That is part 2 of the tribunal.

Which part of this are you having difficulty with? There's been no ruling yet about whether he has been unfairly dismissed or not.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

According to sommat I heard on the Beeb yesterday, the chap won't travel by bus in case said bus injures an insect.

Sounds like a Jain.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  According to sommat I heard on the Beeb yesterday, the chap won't travel by bus in case said bus injures an insect.

Sounds like a Jain.
                  Somebody should tell him how many insects are killed during the harvesting of wheats and grains.

Comment

Working...
                  X