• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Quite why anyone would take a short collection of comic poems and turn them into a musical let alone a film is beyond me.
    Cash? "No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." - attributed to HL Menken.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Cash? "No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." - attributed to HL Menken.
      It has made rather a lot of money, so I guess some people might like it. I'm not sure that intelligence is necessarily an indication of artistic appreciation.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was not sure if this would be good enough for Monday Links. So here goes: -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...92f_story.html

“The most incredible cinematic experience of my life.”

“The most terrifying experience of my life. I swear to God my soul escaped me.”

“Cried both times. Planning on going two more times.”

“Vomited four times but ultimately understood the film on a deep level.”

Comment

Saw the stage show back in the 90's with Elaine Page - some good songs, rubbish show. Won't be watching the film.

Have seen pretty much all the big shows and they have all lived up to expectations except Cats. Each to their own - art is subjective, but in this case, it's not for me.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Saw the stage show back in the 90's with Elaine Page - some good songs, rubbish show. Won't be watching the film.

Have seen pretty much all the big shows and they have all lived up to expectations except Cats. Each to their own - art is subjective, but in this case, it's not for me.
            The book is quite good though.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X