• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats

Never seen the stage show, I only know the song Memories. I saw the film tonight, and I think I'd like to see the stage show. If you don't understand cats (the animals), see the film. If, at the end of it, you say you don't get it - then you understand cats.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Have absolutely no intention of seeing either film or stage play.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Nor do I but the poems are great. Quite why anyone would take a short collection of comic poems and turn them into a musical let alone a film is beyond me.

Perhaps we can look forward to a cinema release of some of Edward Lear's poems:

The Owl and the pussycat - Love across species
      The pobble who lost his toes - A tale of self discovery after brutal injury
      The dong with the luminous nose - An "art" film only suitable for very adult audiences
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Jeremy Irons reading a selection of TS Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

Old Possum'''s Book of Practical Cats - BBC Sounds

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Kids have seen it

It's rubbish.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. You have to like musicals and not be bothered by a tenuous story line. I like ballet and opera - but they'd be lost on the majority of the population.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Kids have seen it

It's rubbish.
              I shall bring DD to see you! Anyone who says anything bad about cats will die! Only because the film contains Taylor Swift......

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                That's a rather catty comment.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I shall bring DD to see you! Anyone who says anything bad about cats will die! Only because the film contains Taylor Swift......
                  She wrote the lyrics of the one new song in it. I was surprised to find it was pretty good.

Next films to see:
                  Als Hitler das rosa Kaninchen stahl
                  Jojo Rabbit
                  Mulan
                  The Aeronauts

Comment

I do fancy Mulan when it comes out. I never got around to The Aeronauts

Comment

Working...
                    X