• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Putting the word out on horrible companies/managers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Two newbies.

Are newbies not welcome?

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Are newbies not welcome?
      Fresh meat is ALWAYS welcome...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Are newbies not welcome?
        There's a welcome and FAQ sub forum for that. General is not for the faint of heart.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why lower yourself to their level. Man up, move on and just be content you left and are now in a better place.

Suppliers smearing ex clients and their employees is childish and unprofessional.
          Whilst I'm not entirely onboard with the OP's original suggestions (for somewhat different reasons), it's absolutely not unprofessional to "name and shame" bad ex-clients and (particularly) employees. So long as everything is kept on a purely objective level, it's very much the correct thing to do. Call it due diligence if you will.

After all, isn't this exactly what clients do to us and their employees? Why else do you think you're forced to provide references before getting a whiff of a gig?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
            Whilst I'm not entirely onboard with the OP's original suggestions (for somewhat different reasons), it's absolutely not unprofessional to "name and shame" bad ex-clients and (particularly) employees. So long as everything is kept on a purely objective level, it's very much the correct thing to do. Call it due diligence if you will.

After all, isn't this exactly what clients do to us and their employees? Why else do you think you're forced to provide references before getting a whiff of a gig?
            You should team up with the OP. Sounds like a winning combination.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Isn't that what Glassdoor is there for?

Comment

Are newbies not welcome?
                I agree with Gibbs, Rule 39, there ain't no such thing as coincidence.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There was a site called ******dCompany.com .... that did pretty much what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, it got litigated out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    There was a site called ******dCompany.com .... that did pretty much what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, it got litigated out of business.
                    No it didn't Pud got bored and started a musician social network that also created a music distribution system.

However Pud was also in the USA which is far more liberal than the UK when it comes to freedom of speech.

As for doing this in the UK well there are companies I won't work with but that doesn't mean I should criticise the people in those companies as others may get on with them just fine - I just don't willingly suffer fools
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I just don't willingly suffer fools
                      So what is forcing you, against your will, to CUK?

Comment

Working...
                      X