• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Putting the word out on horrible companies/managers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubba Bubba View Post
    I want to highlight horrible companies and project managers Ive had the misfortune of working with before just for sake of making would be contractors in the industry aware.

Call it smear campaign if you like but it is what it is and its deserved

How do I go abouts doing this?

Was thinking of starting posts on this site

Any advice will be appreciated
    Isn't this what Glassdoor is for?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Isn't that what Glassdoor is there for?
      Ooops, didn't read this far
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I want to highlight horrible companies and project managers Ive had the misfortune of working with before just for sake of making would be contractors in the industry aware.

Man the **** up.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Glassdoor

It is anonymous but be careful it's often quite obvious who the posters are.

I've felt this way about many companies until I realised I had the problem, it is just in my character to end up hating everyone I work with. I'm trying to maintain a more up beat, positive attitude and ignore as much of my work environment as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Isn't that what Glassdoor is there for?
            Partly, you can complain about a company but not about a person not even in terms such as the HR manager, my post got rejected for that.,
            Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              Whilst I'm not entirely onboard with the OP's original suggestions (for somewhat different reasons), it's absolutely not unprofessional to "name and shame" bad ex-clients and (particularly) employees. So long as everything is kept on a purely objective level, it's very much the correct thing to do. Call it due diligence if you will.
              Well we will have to differ there because I think it is. I'm also reading a little more in to this from experience of the many posts we've had of contractors having issues with their clients. More often than not a majority, if not all the blame actually sits with the contractors who just can't see it objectively. I've seen many guys walked and on the way out complaining about the way they've been treated but the bottom line is they were utter tulip and got walked. They won't be putting that in their feedback will they.
              After all, isn't this exactly what clients do to us and their employees? Why else do you think you're forced to provide references before getting a whiff of a gig?
              But references are never much more than the dates and some other stated facts for fear of litigation so you actually make the point not to do this very well.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes - set up an app and/or website - you could call it gigadvisor or something. Be sure to be in the USA where the constitution guarantees free speech so you are actually allowed to have an opinion without lawyers getting involved.

Comment

JFDI. I'll probably have a whole chapter to myself. MF, do the necessary...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It is one of the reason many people choose to stay contractors. Job market has changed and you are not getting in a role for a lifetime but despite that if you stay for too little in a permi role that could be a red flag.
                    As a contractor sometimes you don’t have to put up with all the politics, embracing the culture and all that nonsense. You can focus only on being productive and invoicing.
                    If it gets nasty you smile, shake hands and walk away.
                    With the right state of mind and having goals for the gig even the worst one can be manageable.
                    Such a portal would be welcomed but i can’t picture a working solution that would get traction. You have to learn to read between the lines on glassdoor etc, use your network to get information, look out for signs during the interview and ask the right questions.
                    It is tough but it is what it is, politics seem to be in the nature of human beings.
                    Some people suggest to men up, i would say they are a bit rude and being tougher and detached emotionally might not be a solution, you just have to learn to adapt.

Comment

One of my major achievements was reaching retirement without going postal, though it did come close a couple of times.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X