• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spooooooons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooooooons

And not the chutney kind.

American tourist discovers Wetherspoons for first time in TikTok video | indy100

And she discovers and likes beans on toast, which I’ve heard is a dish that has long confused Americans

Comment

Why does she think that breakfast is cheap at 10 quid? If you go to Denny's in America and spend the equivalent ($13), they will literally give you BUCKETS of food.

Comment

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          Why does she think that breakfast is cheap at 10 quid? If you go to Denny's in America and spend the equivalent ($13), they will literally give you BUCKETS of food.
          It was a tenner for two people. But I guess she thought it was good value

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
            If you go to Denny's in America and spend the equivalent ($13), they will literally give you BUCKETS of food.
            Not sure if it still works this way but we used to turn up at about 10am and order the buffet; it meant you could stuff your face with breakfast goodies, take a short breather while they changed the breakfast stuff for lunch stuff on the buffet, then go back and load up on that as well. This was several years ago but the price at the time for the amount we shoved down our gullets was quite amazing. ISTR a bottomless coffee cup deal as well. I loved Dennys

Thankfully it was just a holiday or I'd be like some of their customers who needed two chairs just to fit their backside on.

Comment

This first week back after a nice long break means BGG & I will be all out of spoons come the weekend
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                This first week back after a nice long break means BGG & I will be all out of spoons come the weekend
                Well you learn something new every day.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Well you learn something new every day.
                  Indeed!

Comment

Working...
                  X