A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard - Page 17
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Posts 161 to 170 of 241

Super poster

Eirikur - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I predict that they'll announce that the black box is damaged to such an extent that it wasn't possible to retrieve any information and that it has been destroyed, thus preventing any independent examination of it. But then I'm a cynic.
    They already announced that on day 1, just hours after the accident. But that news has been replaced now by it's damaged but not unreadable

Contractor Among Contractors

JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    They already announced that on day 1, just hours after the accident. But that news has been replaced now by it's damaged but not unreadable
    I'm surprised!

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Watched the missile video a few times now - have to say, it's one of the slowest missiles I've ever seen, even in slow motion.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Watched the missile video a few times now - have to say, it's one of the slowest missiles I've ever seen, even in slow motion.
    Based on what? What were the respective angles with regards to camera, aircraft and missile?

I seriously hope your clients hire you for your comedic value because you're **** all use for anything else!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Based on what? What were the respective angles with regards to camera, aircraft and missile?

I seriously hope your clients hire you for your comedic value because you're **** all use for anything else!

I could tell you but then the official secrets act would be up me butt.

A man walks into an optician. Ouch.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

vwdan - scorchio!

I'd be hard pressed to make a judgement vs, for example, this video:

YouTube

But then I haven't quite got the same weird urge to be humiliated on the Internet in front of my own self proclaimed credentials.
    Last edited by vwdan; 10th January 2020 at 20:53.

I live on CUK

I've learnt so much from my mistakes I'm thinking of making a few more.

Now just chill, deep breath.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

Saw on the BBC news tonight that they have been clearing the crash site. Hardly the right action from a state that wants a proper investigation.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

I could tell you but then the official secrets act would be up me butt.

A man walks into an optician. Ouch.
    Yeah, ok Walter.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Fingers like lightning

TheGreenBastard 's job has never been outsourced

Gwd not another one. Never never getting on an aircraft again made by Boeing. The Aldi of aerospace.
    Iran plane crash: Ukrainian jet was 'unintentionally' shot down - BBC News

Seems like the cretinous incredulous reactions that it could be Iran can rest.