A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard - Page 21
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Posts 201 to 210 of 241

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    It is very sad and it was especially sad reading the background of some of the victims. However, I use UIA twice a year and I recommend a friend to book with them on the LON-IEV-TEH route, and due to travel next month. They cancelled immediately after the accident.

All the narratives of the accident could be true. There could have been an engine problem and the flight could have turned around; this would account for the ground forces thinking that there is an incoming drone especially if one engine was on fire.
    The engine wasn't on fire until the missile hit it!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    @Scooter, just look at your first post in this thread

Instant assumption that it was an aircraft design or manufacturing fault

snowflake drivel...
    Yes because the last two of the last three incidents were the fault of the manufacturer. 95% of all incidents involving failure are manufacturing related. Never said design failure. We don't design things to fail.

Chill dude.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    The engine wasn't on fire until the missile hit it!
    Can you prove that? Or are you just speculating?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Fingers like lightning

wattaj is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Can you prove that? Or are you just speculating?
    * turns irony-meter up to 11 *
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

"...a poster boy for the union" (sic) - TestMangler '20

"Quisling!" "...BritNats like you who will always be Nawbags..." - Batcher '20

---

Super poster

vwdan - scorchio!

Yes because the last two of the last three incidents were the fault of the manufacturer. 95% of all incidents involving failure are manufacturing related. Never said design failure. We don't design things to fail.

Chill dude.
    Yes, the last two incidents also involved a type that is not currently flying. It doesn't take a statistics genius to factor that into the probability of it being related, does it now?

I live on CUK

Yes, the last two incidents also involved a type that is not currently flying. It doesn't take a statistics genius to factor that into the probability of it being related, does it now?
    Apparently it does...

Super poster

vwdan - scorchio!

Apparently it does...
    No, just somebody who doesn't favour Daily Mail style reporting over facts.

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

No, just somebody who doesn't spout crap in the absence of facts to try and create the impression of knowledge.
    Sorry but I just had to fix that.

Scoots, you failed, you're fired.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

I live on CUK

Got to love how easily the direction of crowd behaviour can change.

When the thread started, Iranian authorities were accused of telling lies, trying to cover up the truth. Now that they came out in admission, their word is the spoken gospel.

You see the crowd behaviour all the time in my analysis, whether it be financial markets, failure events analysis in safety cases, it's what makes my job fascinating. Never stop asking questions... the day you do is the same day you give up something else far more important.

Super poster

vwdan - scorchio!

Got to love how easily the direction of crowd behaviour can change.

When the thread started, Iranian authorities were accused of telling lies, trying to cover up the truth. Now that they came out in admission, their word is the spoken gospel.

You see the crowd behaviour all the time in my analysis, whether it be financial markets, failure events analysis in safety cases, it's what makes my job fascinating. Never stop asking questions... the day you do is the same day you give up something else far more important.
    Is this honestly the extent of your logical analysis? Like, this is how your mind works? You're like the people who think the Russians must be in on a moon landing hoax.

What possible reason could the Iranians have for admitting they shot down a civilian plane when they didn't? Now, if you want to start a conspiracy over what weapons they used, the chain of events, the failing, the orders given, who knew what immediately after or whatever then sure.

Nobody is suddenly trusting the Iranians, they've admitted what everybody suspects against their own best interests. Further, most people believe they've only done it in the face of overwhelming and undeniable evidence.

There's a reason guilty pleas don't go to trial.