• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footage now emerging of the missile striking the aircraft. Can't deny, an object is moving toward the aircraft before an explosion, all caught on a mobile phone.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Footage now emerging of the missile striking the aircraft. Can't deny, an object is moving toward the aircraft before an explosion, all caught on a mobile phone.
      What an absolute own goal if it was. PR wise, their best move now would be to engage with the international community - whether that's opening up the investigation, or admitting fault and working towards a resolution. Unlikely, though - I see they're already outright denying the accusation.

Tragic event, but I hope it leads to a real deescalation.

Comment

Here's the vid:
        Iran plane crash: Tehran rebuffs claims it shot down Ukrainian jet - BBC News
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          What an absolute own goal if it was. PR wise, their best move now would be to engage with the international community - whether that's opening up the investigation, or admitting fault and working towards a resolution. Unlikely, though - I see they're already outright denying the accusation.

Tragic event, but I hope it leads to a real deescalation.
          Taking a lesson from the Russians, then.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

After the Iranians launched the missile strike on the US bases, they were probably on high alert in case of a US counter-attack. Someone may have had an itchy trigger finger.

It seemed a bit too much of a coincidence that the plane went down 2 hours after the missile strike.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              After the Iranians launched the missile strike on the US bases, they were probably on high alert in case of a US counter-attack. Someone may have had an itchy trigger finger.

It seemed a bit too much of a coincidence that the plane went down 2 hours after the missile strike.

Ummm, that's an interesting point. The flight was delayed by almost 2 hours.

If it was a pre-planned move by someone to hit that particular flight, then it would have happened around the same time as the other missiles were going up.
              Thus giving the perpetrators the options of:
              If by Iran, they could claim:
              1. Iranian missile mistake, but only fired in retaliation for the US assassination.
              or
              2. US missile attack launched because the Iranians launched missiles (if the US had launched missiles)
              or
              3. Aviation "expert" knows it's a dodgy engine, not a missile and provides an image to back up his theory

If by US, they could claim:
              1. Iranian missile - can't be trusted out of control
              or
              2. US missile mistake, but only fired in retaliation for the Iranians launching their "unprovoked" missile attack
              or
              3. Aviation "expert" knows it's a dodgy engine, not a missile and provides AMD share price to back up his theory

So, was the attack pre-planned for that particular flight?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good to see that the Iranian method of aircrash investigation involves the use of the bulldozer to clear the site.

I wonder how they'll reassemble the bits.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Ummm, that's an interesting point. The flight was delayed by almost 2 hours.
                  I'm a bit surprised planes weren't grounded during the missile attack and for several hours afterwards. I'm not sure I'd have fancied flying while that shyte was going on.

So, was the attack pre-planned for that particular flight?
                  I'd put my money on cock-up over conspiracy.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Good to see that the Iranian method of aircrash investigation involves the use of the bulldozer to clear the site.

I wonder how they'll reassemble the bits.
                    It's insane how they have the front to do it in plain view - but as ever with these things, the useful idiots and hard of thinking will always help them and continue to soak up the propaganda. They're not even going to try and convince you or I, but I'm sure we can look forward to weeks of misinformation in the face of mounting evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      What?
                      Time will tell what?

Do you accept that the Iranians are not supposed to "release the black box", or are you still clinging to that lie?
                      It doesn't matter what they are supposed to do, they clearly are desperately trying to cover up the issues. BBC lunchtime news reported that the site hasn't been cordoned off and looters are being allowed to take objects, i.e. evidence, away. There is also footage of the site being bulldozed. Not the actions of those that genuinely wish to determine the root cause of the crash. I see Komrade Korby is siding with the Iranians - true to form! I predict that they'll announce that the black box is damaged to such an extent that it wasn't possible to retrieve any information and that it has been destroyed, thus preventing any independent examination of it. But then I'm a cynic.

Comment

Working...
                      X