• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    1) Nope. I'm seeing something I've seen before. I'm an aerospace safety engineer. The hole shape and size is remarkably similar with a Christmas tree burst.

2) Never said it was a design flaw. 95% of all failures are manufacturing failures, not design.
    Seems to me there was no problem with the missile design.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Indeed. It was all the American's fault. Iran sauid so. Hence it must be true.
      That tickled me - The US made us do it.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Indeed. Why would you even have an anti-aircraft missile system in the vicinity of a pubic airport?

What of all the other aircraft taking off from the airport today? Why not take a poke at them too?

Do shot down planes make controlled attempts of returning to the airport?

Why is the US to believed on its version of events?

Why did other commercial aircraft in the vicinity not fall to the same fate?
        Oh dear... You just didn't know when to stop, did you?

Comment

Furthermore! If you're going to shoot down a target, you shoot down an approaching target not a departing one.
          Ah, military tactician now, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            That tickled me - The US made us do it.
            Yes, that works.

If the Americans hadn't killed our General.
            We wouldn't have launched a rocket attack.
            And we wouldn't have then been on high alert for a counter-attack.
            So we wouldn't have shot the plane by mistake.
            QED
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I'm glad the announcement has been made as it helps the families come to terms with their loss. There's a long way to go for them yet but this is a positive start.

I am going to take a wild stab and say no-one participating in this thread has lost a family or friend to a plane crash and so none of us has a clue what it's like to have the world speculating on how and why your loved one died.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Yes, that works.

QED
                I'm really glad we got to the bottom of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I'm glad the announcement has been made as it helps the families come to terms with their loss. There's a long way to go for them yet but this is a positive start.

I am going to take a wild stab and say no-one participating in this thread has lost a family or friend to a plane crash and so none of us has a clue what it's like to have the world speculating on how and why your loved one died.
                  Seriously, why did you post that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Seems to me there was no problem with the missile design.
                    Agreed.

Like I said 95% of all failures are manufacturing ones. Not design.

Interesting factoid, did you know missiles are required to have their own flight safety certification?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      Yes, that works.

QED
                      Reductive reasoning, if the democrats weren't pressing impeachment hearings, maybe Trump wouldn't be motivated to flex the US military might to improve his domestic standing? Ergo the democrats are responsible?!

How about Iran fired the rocket and are responsible, as are the US for flight 655.

Comment

Working...
                      X