• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Now that Iran have defied all the odds and actually admitted it, do you reckon our resident aviation expert will show some humility and admit that perhaps he made some incorrect conclusions based on insufficient facts and knowledge.

big snowflake rant....
    It was an opinion. Now chill. Take a walk, it's a nice day.

The snowflake generation are a worrying bunch for the future, no one is allowed to have an opinion. And if they do it's open season.

Part of me feels sorry for Greta.. here she is voicing her concerns about the environment she will grow up in, in the future and you've got MSM, corporations, high net worth individuals, people on here, queuing up to lament her for making an opinion.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Reductive reasoning, if the democrats weren't pressing impeachment hearings, maybe Trump wouldn't be motivated to flex the US military might to improve his domestic standing? Ergo the democrats are responsible?!

How about Iran fired the rocket and are responsible, as are the US for flight 655.

My first thought on reading ^^

"If stranded in space, the chances of being picked up by a passing ship are "two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand, seven hundred and nine to one against.

Coincidentally, 2276709 is also the telephone number of a flat in Islington where Arthur once went to a party, met a nice girl, and lost her to a party-crasher. While the flat and telephone have been demolished along with Earth, they are forever linked to the fact that Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect—against all odds—are rescued 29 seconds after being ejected from the Vogon spaceship."
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Ah, military tactician now, eh?
        I bet you believe in sky fairies too. Question nothing, accept everything as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I bet you believe in sky fairies too. Question nothing, accept everything as fact.
          Another one that you'd lose. You're not very good at this, are you?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Another one that you'd lose. You're not very good at this, are you?
            There's a good side?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I'm glad the announcement has been made as it helps the families come to terms with their loss. There's a long way to go for them yet but this is a positive start.

I am going to take a wild stab and say no-one participating in this thread has lost a family or friend to a plane crash and so none of us has a clue what it's like to have the world speculating on how and why your loved one died.
              It is very sad and it was especially sad reading the background of some of the victims. However, I use UIA twice a year and I recommend a friend to book with them on the LON-IEV-TEH route, and due to travel next month. They cancelled immediately after the accident.

All the narratives of the accident could be true. There could have been an engine problem and the flight could have turned around; this would account for the ground forces thinking that there is an incoming drone especially if one engine was on fire.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                It was an opinion. Now chill. Take a walk, it's a nice day.
                Oh Scooty, I'm starting to think you have some medical condition which prevents you from saying anything sensible. If you must know, I tapped out my message to you while having a bite to eat before a very pleasant* woodland run.

The snowflake generation are a worrying bunch for the future, no one is allowed to have an opinion. And if they do it's open season.
                No - *opinions* are fine. Presenting your opinions as facts, deliberately posting misleading information, scare mongering and using your so called credentials and knowledge as a way to do so is what I take serious exception to. Lord knows, we all know you work in the aviation safety sector - you tell us often enough - but that doesn't seem to have had any useful effect on your postings. Most people find the more they learn about a subject the more there is to learn - they gain some modesty and humility. You, however, are quite the opposite - you seem to enjoy coming on here with tulipe facts. My concern is that passers by will know/see your credentials and actually take some of your crap seriously.

It's not even the speculation I particularly mind - it's the way in which you presented it, as I said in my previous post.

And of course, then there's the serious irony of calling somebody a snowflake because you're upset at being called out. If you want to say things with no repercussions, find somewhere else. Ideally a dark room.

Part of me feels sorry for Greta.. here she is voicing her concerns about the environment she will grow up in, in the future and you've got MSM, corporations, high net worth individuals, people on here, queuing up to lament her for making an opinion.
                Absolutely no idea where you're going with this apart from the fact that A) I've never criticised her, and certainly not on here and B) This whole bit is completely contradictory

*this bit is a lie, tbh, it was a tulip run.
                Last edited by vwdan; 11 January 2020, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I'm glad the announcement has been made as it helps the families come to terms with their loss. There's a long way to go for them yet but this is a positive start.

I am going to take a wild stab and say no-one participating in this thread has lost a family or friend to a plane crash and so none of us has a clue what it's like to have the world speculating on how and why your loved one died.
                  Not that it matters, but one of the sad realities of hanging around the general aviation community is that sooner or later somebody you know or met will die. But, ultimately, people will always speculate - and especially when it involves a regime like Iran where information isn't forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    All the narratives of the accident could be true. There could have been an engine problem and the flight could have turned around; this would account for the ground forces thinking that there is an incoming drone especially if one engine was on fire.
                    Hold up... you STILL don't believe Iran's own testimony of mistakenly taking it down?

Comment

@Scooter, just look at your first post in this thread

Gwd not another one. Never never getting on an aircraft again made by Boeing. The Aldi of aerospace.
                      Instant assumption that it was an aircraft design or manufacturing fault and, more to the point, the fault of Boeing and a deliberately conflation of the MAX issues, despite knowing full well it can not have physically been an MCAS issue. In literally the first sentence.

Followed by a fear mongering and frankly ridiculous statement about the worlds largest manufacturer of aircraft which do, broadly, have an excellent safety record.

And then just some tulipe opinion that makes absolutely no sense to anybody with a clue.

And before anybody says it - no, I've got no ties or interests in Boeing. I don't even particularly like them as a corporate - if the MAX debacle finishes them, it was well deserved. My problem is with the deliberate misrepresentation of facts by somebody who should know a damn sight better. It's like a doctor hanging around telling everybody with a cough that they've got lung cancer.

Anyway, if anybody has gotten this far through the thread without realising ScooterScot is a cretinous fool without a shred of credibility - well, there's no helping them . Out.
                      Last edited by vwdan; 11 January 2020, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X