• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    How the F* did sh** Bellingcat get a reputation to have an authoritative voice?
    Bellingcat proved to be spot on again
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

I still struggle to fathom how ScooterScot still has the front to go around giving his brand of "advice" on this forum after this trainwreck of a thread, but Iran has released some bits of a report.

Iran plane crash: 'Human error' to blame for downing of Ukrainian jet - BBC News

Personally, I'd take it with a huge dose of salt but the pertinent fact is that even they can't pin a single ounce of blame on the aircraft. Whatever went wrong, it appears to be completely a military cock up.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        I still struggle to fathom how ScooterScot still has the front to go around giving his brand of "advice" on this forum after this trainwreck of a thread, but Iran has released some bits of a report.
        Only this one???
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I'm an aerospace safety engineer.

You're a proven liar and cretin too.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You're a proven liar and cretin too.
            And a dickhead.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure it's a good idea to actually identify him. Suggest you delete the above, fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Hmmm, not sure it's a good idea to actually identify him. Suggest you delete the above, fwiw.
                There must be multiple dickhead resident in the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                  This thread derailed rather quickly I see.

The Financial Times closed comments on the story quickly, due to trolls spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.

The most recommended comment is worth copying and pasting here, as it is a crucial reminder to remember that triple figures have lost their lives and deserve a thorough investigation by professionals, not internet forum personalities and troll factories:

"I am appalled to see some of the comments below, on the FT of all places.
                  "Alright mate.... I know naff all about planes or general aviation mechanics BUT I reckon: _______"

I don't give a hoot what any of you 'reckon' and so you, like a good amateur dramatist, should wait until investigation has at least occurred. The majority of passengers were Iranian and even though mentioned as Canadian are dual-nationals and of Iranian heritage. Given the damage and passenger nationalities this does indeed appear a sad accident indeed. However don't listen to your imaginings nor mine; have patience and wait for the reports.

The FT needs to get into 2020 with thorough moderation comments section in which random usernames spread suspiciously aggressive scorn, such as "It's obvious Iran fires a missile at this plane."

Aye right mate, get back to the day job!"

Someone replies:
                  "How would you presume some of us are not qualified? I've been in the aviation & defence industry for 42 years. Flown Capt Airbus, Boeing & more. I live in the Middle East."

Comment author responds:
                  "I've driven cars for nearly forty years but don't consider myself suitable to conduct police car crash investigations into complex incidents requiring expert analyses and rigorous procedure.

If you are the logical type then I'm sure you'll similarly agree that there is no correlation between the two; I've flown too and I really hate amateur investigators' indifference to the professional aircraft crash investigation.

As I read your comment I see arrogance and the mention of qualities that don't help me understand why you think you'll know better or even have any clue as to the truth of this accident/incident versus a true crash investigation team. It smacks of arrogance and an undeserved elevated status, as can be seen throughout this comments section."
                  A 'troll' on the FT called it right first time, and Scooty was clueless, as usual. What a relief.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Iran plane crash: 'Human error' to blame for downing of Ukrainian jet - BBC News

Personally, I'd take it with a huge dose of salt but the pertinent fact is that even they can't pin a single ounce of blame on the aircraft. Whatever went wrong, it appears to be completely a military cock up.

Yes of course. Shoot down aircraft taking off from an international airport. That's where the hostiles emerge from. Hands up gov, it was total accident.

A report from Iran says what?! Would that be of the same quality of the UK report 'we're 45 minutes from Iraqi weapons of mass destruction'?

PS: I don't give advice. Just opinionated banter.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Say this is a very inactive account. Is this Br32 13 14 or whatever? thought he / she was banned for a month??!
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X