• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And a dickhead.
    Into the playground we go.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

PS: I don't give advice. Just opinionated banter.
      And we've disproved that little nugget time and time again.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For the record, over the years, following a failure... I've taken several aircraft out of service throughout the world. In one instance probabilistic analysis had then shown the risk of continued flight beyond so many additional flight cycles was unacceptable according to standard. I prevented at least one catastrophic event, and several hazardous events throughout my career. But you'll not catch them all. That causes stress. You get in the habit of knowing what to look for. Beyond payment, the best I got was a phone call from the director of one major engine manufacturer congratulating me a year later on my analysis as they did experience an event as predicted and planned for it. Business continues from them still today.

The point is this. Us engineers are never recognised for the successes, only criticised for the failures. Especially where life is lost. The one that caused me the most grief a number of years ago was when I rejected an A400M ECU + acmu for test flight following an unacceptable risk of unidentified failure modes. My recommendation was to go back to manufacture, but was put under considerable pressure to sign it off for safe flight. A failure (the equipment activated without condition) which resulted in cascading events ultimately causing the loss of the aircraft and 4 of 6 crew. I remember the day I read the news, I was devastated.

2015 Seville Airbus A400M crash - Wikipedia
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

For the record, over the years, following a failure... I've taken several aircraft out of service throughout the world. In one instance probabilistic analysis had then shown the risk of continued flight beyond so many additional flight cycles was unacceptable according to standard. I prevented at least one catastrophic event, and several hazardous events throughout my career. But you'll not catch them all. That causes stress. You get in the habit of knowing what to look for. Beyond payment, the best I got was a phone call from the director of one major engine manufacturer congratulating me a year later on my analysis as they did experience an event as predicted and planned for it. Business continues from them still today.

The point is this. Us engineers are never recognised for the successes, only criticised for the failures. Especially where life is lost. The one that caused me the most grief a number of years ago was when I rejected an A400M ECU + acmu for test flight following an unacceptable risk of unidentified failure modes. My recommendation was to go back to manufacture, but was put under considerable pressure to sign it off for safe flight. A failure (the equipment activated without condition) which resulted in cascading events ultimately causing the loss of the aircraft and 4 of 6 crew. I remember the day I read the news, I was devastated.

You should really look into getting a grip on your ego.

Comment

Into the playground we go.
            I thought that was your 'safe space'...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yes of course. Shoot down aircraft taking off from an international airport. That's where the hostiles emerge from. Hands up gov, it was total accident.

A report from Iran says what?! Would that be of the same quality of the UK report 'we're 45 minutes from Iraqi weapons of mass destruction'?
              Are you implying that Iran are now lying about admitting shooting it down? Christ alright, there truly is no hope.

PS: I don't give advice. Just opinionated banter.
              That's an absolute lie - in this very thread you threw your credentials around to qualify your opinions stated as fact and, oh look, you're doing it again:

Have I really got to say all this again - my problem isn't you having an opinion, my problem is you using your credentials to push unfounded opinions wrapped up in scaremongering. It's an absolute disgrace and I think you know full well that any of your peers would find your posts in this thread appalling. I sincerely hope that some of this angry defensiveness is due to outright embarrassment because if not I genuinely worry about the projects you work on. Just to recap - you were proved, factually, wrong on pretty much every (I suspect every but I can't be arsed to check) single statement you made in this thread. I mean, wow. That's something when it comes to your very own field.

Say this is a very inactive account. Is this Br32 13 14 or whatever? thought he / she was banned for a month??!
              And this is just hilarious given A) How BRWhatever got banned and B) A whole bunch of people here have met me. Do you need me to post my pilots licence to prove it
              Last edited by vwdan; 13 July 2020, 11:09.

Comment

probabilistic analysis

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  You should really look into getting a grip on your ego.
                  It sounds like he was a low-level tester who found an defect, and is now claiming he saved thousands of lives.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Hardly probabilistic since the number of parts are absolute. While the permutations & combinations are no doubt high, it is deterministic.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Have I really got to say all this again - my problem isn't you havibl blah blah blah
                      As opposed to your sources being a closed terrorist state and news outlets.

Reason, RIP.

Comment

Working...
                      X