• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would eugenics have been a good idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Reading CUK I have no doubt that a humane (or even a brutal) version would have been beneficial to the country as a whole in the long run.
    Remove all the Labour voters in one fell swoop...I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
      It happens daily in Hospitals up and down the country as a result of amniocentesis tests and subsequent aborting of Down Syndrome foetus

Unfortunate I know but how would you support all those with Down's Syndrome if they survived?

One assumes you object to the Pill & Condoms?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Now what would those nice Swedes have done?

Sweden pays for grim past | World news | The Guardian

Originally posted by Grauniad
        Teenagers as young as 15 were sterilised, some without their parents' consent, for inadequacies as trivial as shortsightedness or because they allegedly lacked judgment or had "no obvious concept of ethics".

Pressure was put on orphans and children in special schools and reformatories to have the operation as a condition of release.

Pregnant women seeking abortions because their foetus was damaged were told they also had to consent to sterilisation.

People could even apply to have problem neighbourhood families sterilised.

Maija Runcis, who studied several thousand sterilisation cases as part of a doctoral thesis, said: "Nowadays people are appalled, but then nobody cared about these people. This was a backyard to the nice little Swedish home.

Everyone always talked about the Swedish model, how nice it is here. But no one talked about things like this."

Feck me, if you could be sterilized for myopia the assembled congregation would really be in trouble.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2020, 19:10.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Unfortunate I know but how would you support all those with Down's Syndrome if they survived?

One assumes you object to the Pill & Condoms?
          Not what was said at all

The thread title says "Would eugenics have been a good idea?" past tense and suggesting that it would have been beneficial to being adopted

I merely pointed out that this is effectively happening already with the amniocenteses test

More so with IVF - although that is negating a huge part of the reproduction swimming tadpole, survival of the fittest scenario causing birth issues by forcing a tadpole direct into the egg

No issue at all with pills & condoms & no idea why you would assume that

Comment

No issue at all with pills & condoms

Excellent, could you possibly go to Colombia for me to pick up some pills that will be wrapped in condoms...
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Excellent, could you possibly go to Colombia for me to pick up some pills that will be wrapped in condoms...
              Naturally there would be upfront costs to be bourne in such an undertaking but in principle this would be agreeable, to cover those costs could you advance a nominal sum of £3000 to my bank account to show good faith

Comment

Naturally there would be upfront costs to be bourne in such an undertaking but in principle this would be agreeable, to cover those costs could you advance a nominal sum of £3000 to my bank account to show good faith
                Upfront costs?
                Go into the gents in your local Spoons, stick £3 in the machine. Don't buy the vibrating or ribbed ones, so I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Upfront costs?
                  Go into the gents in your local Spoons, stick £3 in the machine. Don't buy the vibrating or ribbed ones, so I'm told.
                  Ribbed ones are a waste. Just put some frozen peas inside normal ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Wear them inside out, there's no way she's having all the fun!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If you put peas in there, you're not going to get as many pills in.

Comment

Working...
                      X