• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and itermediaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 and itermediaries

Quick question when they say people working through an intermediary .

do they mean the agency?

or

do they mean youre PSC or LTD?

Why do we need agencies? I for one am hopeful if anything it will at least kill of the bottom feeders .

I have had a business idea , A website where companies can advertise for contractors without extortionate fees, none NADA, no silly terms just advertise what they need no agencies allowed and contractors can bid on the job without suffering all the BS that goes with it. (BTW the last bit is a joke)

Your Ltd Co is the intermediary. Agencies have little to no bearing on IR35 and the new regs - avoiding the agency does nothing to avoid the situation.

I have had a business idea , A website where companies can advertise for contractors without extortionate fees, none NADA, no silly terms just advertise what they need no agencies allowed and contractors can bid on the job without suffering all the BS that goes with it. (BTW the last bit is a joke)
    It's all been done and failed before - good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mikedesign View Post
      Quick question when they say people working through an intermediary .

do they mean the agency?

or

do they mean youre PSC or LTD?

Why do we need agencies? I for one am hopeful if anything it will at least kill of the bottom feeders .

The intermediary is YourCo, if you can get HR teams to get rid of them go for it, but they make their lives easier not yours.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Depends on the context. In terms of the intermediaries legislation, it means any entity interposed between the end client and the worker, which may or may not be a company. Typically, when used generally/imprecisely, it means YourCo.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Depends on the context. In terms of the intermediaries legislation, it means any entity interposed between the end client and the worker, which may or may not be a company. Typically, when used generally/imprecisely, it means YourCo.
          Thats what I was after, merry old bunch we are here but some of us have been put outside IR35 and there's a few of the lads been told "oh you're inside" which has left some of us scratching our heads and wondering if there was any loophole, they are the ones through an agency now which afaik is the only difference between what we do on our team.

Comment

Thats what I was after, merry old bunch we are here but some of us have been put outside IR35 and there's a few of the lads been told "oh you're inside" which has left some of us scratching our heads and wondering if there was any loophole, they are the ones through an agency now which afaik is the only difference between what we do on our team.
            There are no loopholes. You shouldn't interpret the addition of intermediaries as changing the fundamental picture, which is your status, as a worker, in relation to the client. The whole point of the intermediaries legislation is to "look though" all intermediaries and judge the reality of your working practices at the end client. It constructs a hypothetical contract between you and the end client, minus any intermediaries, including YourCo.

Comment

Companies want agencies to take liability, source and deal with compliance. Tried and failed and suggested on here monthly.

Comment

The outside ones must be the ones they want to keep, the inside ones they would rather replace

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                X