• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harry & Meghan stepping down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, WGAS?

This is the first step to slimming down, if not removing the Royal Family.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Really, WGAS?

MrsBP has ITV news on. It seems to be all they all talking about. I want to throw something at the TV.

Can we offshore the Royal Family?

Comment

Somehow recent events remind me of this Depeche Mode song

Sex jibe husband murders wife
        Bomb blast victim fights for life
        Girl Thirteen attacked with knife

Princess Di is wearing a new dress

Jet airliner shot from sky
        Famine horror, millions die
        Earthquake terror figures rise

Princes Di is wearing a new dress

You can't change the world
        But you can change the facts
        And when you change the facts
        You change points of view
        If you change points of view
        You may change a vote
        And when you change a vote
        You may change the world

In black townships fires blaze
        Prospects better premier says
        Within sight are golden days

Princess Di is wearing a New Dress

You can't change the world
        But you can change the facts
        And when you change the facts
        You change points of view
        If you change points of view
        You may change a vote
        And when you change a vote
        You may change the world

Princess Di is wearing a New Dress

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          How long before the separation and subsequent divorce/decoupling?

I'll err on the side of caution and give it a very generous (imo) 18 months.
          my thoughts too after this announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Really, WGAS?

I do I am a staunch monarchist for very obvious reasons.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I find it not the least bit surprising as 84 years ago Edward the VII chose wife over birthright and was pillorised over it. Although with the acceptance of Charles marrying a divorcee that is no longer a taboo, I wonder what else the likes of Piers Morgan finds so distasteful about Meghan?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              How long before the separation and subsequent divorce/decoupling?

I'll err on the side of caution and give it a very generous (imo) 18 months.
              Umm I hope you're wrong. I'm of the opinion that they are doing this precisely to get out of the public eye and the resulting pressures and media lies. The press have (IMO) been truly awful about Megan and have inflated the "royal rift" story.

Let them be happy together, let's not have another Diana story unfolding. IIRC there were Fergie vs. Diana stories back in the day

Fair play and good luck to them!

EDIT: And that Piers Morgan linky above posted by SM rather underlines my point :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I do I am a staunch monarchist for very obvious reasons.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I find it not the least bit surprising as 84 years ago Edward the VII chose wife over birthright and was pillorised over it. Although with the acceptance of Charles marrying a divorcee that is no longer a taboo, I wonder what else the likes of Piers Morgan finds so distasteful about Meghan?
                Clearly the fact that her skin is not white enough

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Right lads, I've found it! You can all stop looking, Eirikur has just played it!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I do think the way they've gone about it is potentially damaging to the monarchy.

I am not a massive royalist but I like having them around. I have huge respect for Her Mag and I think Will and Kate are the right people to continue the traditions but with a modern twist.

To not consult is poor form. To try and have the best of both worlds - sounds like they want to retain their titles but not do the work - is very poor form. To claim to be environmentally conscious while actively splitting their time between UK and US is hypocritical as I doubt they'll be in economy on some low cost airline. If they're going to be financially independent, then I guess that means they will be paying for their own security?

I like Harry, and I want to like Meghan, but there's something suss going on with those two that I'm not comfortable with.

Comment

Working...
                      X