• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child refugees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake news.

There is already adequate provision under international and British law.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      Fake news.

There is already adequate provision under international and British law.

Linky?
      Although I guess it depends on your definition of "adequate provision"

Even the Wail thinks it's not fake:
      Boris Johnson's Brexit law is 'direct attack' on child refugees | Daily Mail Online
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah, how about this from the Home Office:

“The new clause makes clear that supporting the most vulnerable children remains a priority, and does so in a way that will enhance rather than undermine our negotiating position"

So, removing child refugee protection is about enhancing our negotiating position.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Ah, how about this from the Home Office:

“The new clause makes clear that supporting the most vulnerable children remains a priority, and does so in a way that will enhance rather than undermine our negotiating position"

So, removing child refugee protection is about enhancing our negotiating position.
          Are you ok hun, do you need a hug?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

I'm fine sweetie pie, do you think children should be used to "enhance our negotiating position"?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Starting to see a pattern. Every time you lose an argument, you call the other person a crybaby.

Comment

I'm fine sweetie pie, do you think children should be used to "enhance our negotiating position"?
                Yeah, sod it, they're just another human resource.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"Child" is rather absurdly defined as anyone under 18 in UK and most countries, under 21 in US. Most people are quite capable of looking after themselves at an earlier age. I wasn't a particularly mature child, yet I hitchhiked round Denmark on my own at 16 and had a holiday job, all things I arranged myself. The fact that these children, even if they legally are, managed to reach the UK, shows that they are capable too.

It's unfortunate that so many are not lucky enough to be born in richer countries that can afford to apply these high standards but we only have one life, we can't pick up the bill for the entire world. We'd be better to work with third world countries to develop mutually beneficial trade and boost their economies to provide employment there. Even legally genuine children are a major burden, with cash strapped councils like Kent struggling to provide the support. There is no such thing as "just money", everything we spend is less we can spend on our own needy citizens.

As for the faking age thing, it is quite inevitable that many will to achieve their aims; many of us would in the same circumstances. The "liberal" stance from some people is just an inverted racism, migrants are all perfect human beings. It isn't racist to say we are all human and have the same flaws.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Linky?
                    Although I guess it depends on your definition of "adequate provision"

Even the Wail thinks it's not fake:
                    Boris Johnson's Brexit law is 'direct attack' on child refugees | Daily Mail Online

feck me FoxHat quoting the wail. Next AssGoo making sense (oops he has flounced)

Virgin birth & water into wine next...
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      MPs vote to drop child refugee protections from Brexit bill

Jesus wept

No weeping here... it's a medical condition you see.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X