• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Upgrade for me from keyboard swapping?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade for me from keyboard swapping?

"Good Morning,

I am working with Bristol NHS Trust to recruit Windows 10 Deployment Engineers to begin an immediate 3+ Month contract. The ideal candidate will have worked on Windows 10 deployments within the NHS and will be available to interview and start at short notice.

The contract is paying £19.48ph based on 37.5hrs a week, alongside this the trust offers an overtime rate of between 1.3x-1.6x (£25.32- £31.16ph) if you work outside your core hours and at weekends."

I have worked for NHS on a contract in the past. Only for 3 months because I was skint.... (It was more than this - not much - but it was server support).

I remember at the time the manager telling me that upper level management just don't get it and all they're willing to do is divide a perm salary into hourly rate. No wonder the NHS is so crap....

(Saying that Mrs PC is a District Nurse, lots of responsibilities for things like people living or dying - not just pieces of tin like us lot - and she lets LESS than this per hour).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I received this today via TalMix:

Budget: £520 / day
    Duration: 20.0 days
    We are a PE backed leading British accessories brand, in the affordable luxury market. As we are growing from the UK into other parts of the world, and as our distribution channel mix gains in complexity (e.g. e-commerce, marketplaces, drop-shipping) we find that our IT systems, including ERP, do not support the logistical requirements and we end up with stock mismatches, high shipping costs and other sub-optimal outcomes. We would be looking for three deliverables from this project: 1. A mapping of our current IT landscape indicating areas of weakness 2. A roadmap for the replacement/upgrades/introduction of new systems 3. An implementation and resourcing plan to get started We would be looking for someone who has supervised the implementation of a new ERP system within a fashion/retailing context (SME, not corporate). The successful candidate would need to bring enough strategic thinking to be able to oversee the full IT ecosystem and to envision a 3-5 year roadmap. But also sufficiently practical/hands-on to get into the details and write up the recommendations independently.

Not for me but may be of interest to others.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

We are a PE backed leading British accessories brand, in the affordable luxury market. As we are growing from the UK into other parts of the world, and as our distribution channel mix gains in complexity (e.g. e-commerce, marketplaces, drop-shipping) we find that our IT systems, including ERP, do not support the logistical requirements and we end up with stock mismatches, high shipping costs and other sub-optimal outcomes. We would be looking for three deliverables from this project: 1. A mapping of our current IT landscape indicating areas of weakness 2. A roadmap for the replacement/upgrades/introduction of new systems 3. An implementation and resourcing plan to get started We would be looking for someone who has supervised the implementation of a new ERP system within a fashion/retailing context (SME, not corporate). The successful candidate would need to bring enough strategic thinking to be able to oversee the full IT ecosystem and to envision a 3-5 year roadmap. But also sufficiently practical/hands-on to get into the details and write up the recommendations independently.

They want to do all that in 20 days?? [emoji23]
      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sounds like a lot more than 20 days work.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

General please.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
            Originally posted by eek View Post
            Well they seem to be looking for SME experience not large corporate so assuming you do not have to deal with too much ass haterery you could make a good start in 20 days..

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Well they seem to be looking for SME experience not large corporate so assuming you do not have to deal with too much ass haterery you could make a good start in 20 days..
              Nope SME's who don't have someone who can answer question 1 immediately (and they don't) mean a complete world of pain as you will have to identify everyone and everything yourself by following every process they have - and that will take weeks.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I did something very similar for a tech co a few years ago in the same timescale. The resulting project to deliver the solution went on for about 2 years ... I had a different offer already on the table so could only give the TechCo the initial 20 days but I helped them bring in a delivery PM who by all accounts did a cracking job (based on my initial excellent work ).

It's surprising what you can do in 20 days if there are no distractions or other such tulip and you have a very clear set of deliverables and you don't allow scope creep. It's not for everyone, but for a PM/BA hybrid with good ERP/BI/tech skills it's a nice bit of work.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                  Based on:

We are a PE backed leading British accessories brand, in the affordable luxury market.
                  They only have 20 days before they run out of PE money. (And the only other place you see a bulltulip pitch like that is on week one of The Apprentice...)
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X