• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't blame 'manipulative Meghan' for the Royal rift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"How easy and comfortable it is to point fingers at the woman; that’s how stereotypes retain their power, after all. It happened when Edward VIII abdicated the throne to marry Wallis Simpson – that selfish seductress. Perish the thought that Edward made his own choice and that Prince Harry is now doing the same.

It’s a cliche older than Lady Macbeth. And so back to that list of tropes: The hysterical woman, the gold-digger, the ruthless career woman, the feminist, the bridezilla, the the nagging wife versus the happy housewife... It doesn’t take much imagination to see how these have all been used against Meghan, or to pit her against Kate Middleton."

"But do I think it’s all down to ‘manipulative Meghan’? Maybe she did force the issue in a bid to escape the tabloids. Maybe Harry just really likes maple syrup. The point is we've no idea – so don't just blame the woman."

It's a common theme.

Traits celebrated in men are unwelcome in women.

Women are put down because we subvert and distract men who are too weak to cope with our cunning ways.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It's a common theme.

Women are put down because we subvert and distract men who are too weak to cope with our cunning ways.
      Eve

Comment

It's a common theme.

When you say cunning ways, do you mean cleavage?

Also, don't know if I agree with you about the traits bit.

Comment

Douglas Murray has some sensible things to say about this subject...

Harry and Meghan's embarrassing predicament - UnHerd

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            "How easy and comfortable it is to point fingers at the woman; that’s how stereotypes retain their power, after all. It happened when Edward VIII abdicated the throne to marry Wallis Simpson – that selfish seductress. Perish the thought that Edward made his own choice and that Prince Harry is now doing the same.

It’s a cliche older than Lady Macbeth. And so back to that list of tropes: The hysterical woman, the gold-digger, the ruthless career woman, the feminist, the bridezilla, the the nagging wife versus the happy housewife... It doesn’t take much imagination to see how these have all been used against Meghan, or to pit her against Kate Middleton."

"But do I think it’s all down to ‘manipulative Meghan’? Maybe she did force the issue in a bid to escape the tabloids. Maybe Harry just really likes maple syrup. The point is we've no idea – so don't just blame the woman."

Are you a male feminist now? That won't get you laid either I'm afraid...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's all 'arry's idea ...

(from www.marketwatch.com)
              • She would rather be a celebrity than a royal She had no idea how unglamorous it really is to be a royal and, when she found out she would be a civil servant in a tiara she was, like, ‘No way.’
              • Meghan Markle, had a lifestyle brand before their life-changing meeting.
              • build their own brand.
              • The royal couple will likely follow the Obamas’ lucrative post-White House career model with philanthropy, book deals and Netflix

(from www.thesun.co.uk)
              • MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry trademarked 100 items including pencils, bookmarks and socks six months ago.
              • brand into a money-making global empire after launching sussexroyal.com

(from www.foxnews.com)
              • Oprah Winfrey advised Prince Harry and Meghan Markle about breaking free from the British royals

15 years old, as a tourist outside Buckingham Palace

Deal or no deal 'briefcase girl', US edition (no Noel Edmonds 'ere)

TV actress in 'Suits' (PG)

Comment

Tend to agree. I'm a republican and want to ditch the monarchy altogether, or at least stop the public funding for any not currently in direct line. Still, I can understand anyone getting fed up with the constant critical media attention she's had.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's a common theme.

Of course it's all Meghan's fault. She's a non-white foreign woman, and the white middle-aged gammon men are telling us it's all her fault. I mean, look how well behaved the English rose Kate is, she's doing as she's told, she's a proper Daily Wail sponsored princess.

Poor harry, he needs to be saved from the evil, foreign woman How dare she tempt him with a better life outside of England and away from the British red top press
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Of course it's all Meghan's fault. She's a non-white foreign woman, and the white middle-aged gammon men are telling us it's all her fault. I mean, look how well behaved the English rose Kate is, she's doing as she's told, she's a proper Daily Wail sponsored princess.

Poor harry, he needs to be saved from the evil, foreign woman How dare she tempt him with a better life outside of England and away from the British red top press

Why not throw in some tainted blood for the finish?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X